Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Entertainment > Cool words!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 100 (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I know this is really random, but I love learning new cool words! So what's your favorite?

I like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (mainly because I know how to spell it) and when I was in fifth grade I loved the word Frankly so much I named a stuffed animal after it! haha

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 592 comments Kendall wrote: "I know this is really random, but I love learning new cool words! So what's your favorite?

I like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (mainly because I know how to spell it) and when I was in fif..."

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is my fravorite word too! (although, I can't spell it without copying and pasting ;))

message 3: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Filangies/Phalanges
(2 diferent spellings)
Pronounced as you'd say the first one.
It means fingers.

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments I can sing supercalifragilisticexpieliadocious...

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

ITs funny at our school, people say:
"Get your felangies of my book!" is really weird...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

FELANGIES FELANGIES omg I love that word

message 7: by Chiefo (new)

Chiefo (jksillygirl) | 16 comments haha I love sayin frugal(i have no idea what it means)

message 8: by Diana (last edited Feb 21, 2010 11:35AM) (new)

Diana i think tarradiddle is cool. it menas a little lie or fib.

message 9: by Gauri (new)

Gauri Godale (gaurigodale) I think all these words can make a falangage.[fantastic language:]!
I say this everytime ''awesome blossom''.

message 10: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Hahaha. I was just reading that and I was like "Awesome blossom? That's really...uh..random." but then I said it and it RHYMES!!! Ha.

message 11: by ★ Jess (new)

I love Shenanigans!

Shenanigans, Felangies, Fruitless are my favorites!

message 12: by ★ Jess (new)

"Get your felangies of my kumquat or i'll have to use my jujitsu powers against you, and hit that toupee right of your head!"

message 13: by ★ Jess (new)

:)

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Booklover23 wrote: ""Get your felangies of my kumquat or i'll have to use my jujitsu powers against you, and hit that toupee right of your head!""

HAHAHA!

message 15: by Joel (new)

Joel (gocaps8) i like Azerbaijan.

message 16: by Momo-panda-luver (new)

Momo-panda-luver | 2 comments idk, i like a lot of random words....like panini
"pa-ni-ni" XDD

message 17: by Joel (new)

Joel (gocaps8) ~Noelle~ wrote: "LOL.

I know this isn't really much of a word, but a name.. It's really fun to say the name 'Alejandro'. Especially with a funny accent. ;]"

agreed

message 18: by Karin (new)

Karin MER! that is my favorite word.

message 19: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Obsequious is my FAVORITE word.... I go out of my way in everyday conversation just to use it.

I like felonious as well.

And then there are places whose names are kinda fun to say... Like Sarajevo (capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina), and Reykjavik (capital of Iceland) and for some reason, Saskatchewan (province in Canada).

message 20: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Oooh, serendipitous is fun.... Especially when you emphasize (another fun one) the middle, like serenDIPitous!

I've noticed that lots of the words I like to say end in -ous.

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments Irksome and lest. But I have many many more...

message 22: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Like I said.... Obsequious. Best word ever. You can insult someone without them having any idea.

Felionious is fun to say especially if you say it the way my history teacher says it.... Same with lascivious.

Irk. That's a great one.

message 23: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 2426 comments I get the dictionary.com word of the day. It has fun words...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Conglomeration is the best word in the world!!!!!

message 25: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments That's a good one... I also like "defenestrate". :)

~~Penny~~ The runner :P | 232 comments bubbles. just cuz if u say to the right person, it cracks them up for no. reason.

message 27: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments You just have to use the right inflection when saying "bubbles". It makes anything fun when you add the word "bubbles". ;)

message 28: by Dana (new)

Dana (Shamy369) | 80 comments yurt: it's like a tepee or something like that. I like saying it.

~~Penny~~ The runner :P | 232 comments Taylor wrote: "You just have to use the right inflection when saying "bubbles". It makes anything fun when you add the word "bubbles". ;)"

absolutley

message 30: by Dana (new)

Dana (Shamy369) | 80 comments lol

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

conspitious is an awesome word.

message 32: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 774 comments my fav is supercalifragilisticexpialadocious

message 33: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Piccadilly is cool! (or piccalilli, which sounds very similar, but has a completely different meaning )

Hannah wrote: "i like hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

or pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"

Isn't that first one the fear of long words?

message 34: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Yes, it is. Which is the funniest thing EVER to me, seeing how long it is.

message 35: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 774 comments oh i love that word!!

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Taylor wrote: "Yes, it is. Which is the funniest thing EVER to me, seeing how long it is."

Exactly! I love that word.

The agendas our school gives out have random facts in the, one per week, and that was one. (did you know that there's a fear of your tongue sticking to the roof of your mouth from peanut butter? or that phobotrivaphobia is the fear of trivia about phobias?)

I used to love them, but then it told me that "rhythm" was the longest word in the English language without a vowel, which isn't true ("y" can be a vowel), so now i don't trust it anymore. :(

Sorry about the rambling.

message 37: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 774 comments that's cool. there's a list of phobias on the internet it's amazing!! :P

message 38: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Yep, I heard about the peanut butter one... There's also triskadekaphobia (fear of the number 13) and paraskevidekatriaphobia (fear of Friday the 13th).

message 39: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 774 comments my favorite is the one that means fear of phobias, that and fear of long words :P

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

BAM!

:3

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

playdoh!

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Ululate!

message 43: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Wow. There are so many good phobia words (and so many strange fears)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Geniophobia- fear of chins

Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- feara of long words

Hobophobia- fear of hobos

Phobophobia- fear oh phobias

Aerophobia- fear of swallowing air

spectrophobia- fear of seeing self reflection

I love the fear of hobos! So funny!

message 45: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Awesome.

message 46: by Basma (new)

Basma Kaid (BasmaKaid) | 347 comments Kate wrote: "Awesome."
yes I love the word awesome too....lol AWESOME!

message 47: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Unununium. (It's an element)

message 48: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 774 comments lol the one about fear of hobos is really funny :D

message 49: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Stichomythia.

It's a literary device in dialogue often used by Shakespeare.

message 50: by SilverForrest (last edited Dec 11, 2010 12:45PM) (new)

SilverForrest | 183 comments Kate wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Yes, it is. Which is the funniest thing EVER to me, seeing how long it is."

Exactly! I love that word.

The agendas our school gives out have random facts in the, one per week, and ..."

that's exactly what i said to my friends when i read that in my agenda. then they just told me to go back to preschool. silly people, i was right.

« previous 1