Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > anyone up?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments Can't sleep :(

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Hate when that happens - I was wide awake when I went to bed last night (after sleeping in my recliner till about 11). It wasn't a very restful night for me - don't know why! I should have gotten up and chatted with you!

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments Catch me on a night off Carrie and I'll be up to chat with ya all night.

I was like you Debbie, but somehow managed to sleep all night. Must have needed to catch up.

Did ya find something to do?

message 4: by Holli (new)

Holli Isn't that awful Carrie when you can't sleep?! I hate it. Thankfully, almost all of my family and friends are in California so when i can't sleep the majority of them are still up since they are 2 hours behind me........

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) I also hate when that happens! Especially when Hubb's is snoring soundly next to me. So frustrating!

message 6: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments Hello Ladies! I finally went to bed around 6 a.m. and got up at 8 feeling pretty good. How strange!
I read more of To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm teaching it right now. My 9th graders are actually enjoying it a bit!

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments Jo wrote: "I also hate when that happens! Especially when Hubb's is snoring soundly next to me. So frustrating!"

Me too, Jo. And the funny thing is, when I complain in the morning about his snoring keeping me awake, he always says I'M the one that was snoring keeping HIM awake. HA!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Debbie, that's Exactly the conversation I have with Vic & his response!

Carrie, I read TKAM in 9th grade & loved it (as well as The Great Gatsby that year). I just finished re-reading it for the first time in roughly 20 years! Such a timeless classic. I'm glad your students are enjoying it!

Elizabeth (Alaska) As a snorer, I'll have to say that complaining won't do anything. Do you think we have control over it? And if we did, that we'd intentionally disturb the ones we love?'

But I hate the can't sleep thing. I get up, go into the living room, lie down on the couch, and turn on the TV occasionally, and other times, read a book in the same location. In either case, I'm delighted when I get to sleep a few hours out there.

Elizabeth (Alaska) Favorite family story: My mother, also a snorer, was visiting my sister. My four year old niece came downstairs in the morning and my sister asked, "Where's Grandmother?" The reply: "She's upstairs making wild animal noises. Once, she was a lion!"

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 415 comments That's hilarious, Elizabeth! A LION!!!

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments Thanks, Jo!

LOL @ Elizabeth!!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) That's very cute Elizabeth!

:-) Carrie!

message 14: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Thanks for a chuckle this morning Elizabeth!! :)

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 532 comments uggh...up again!

message 16: by Fiona (Titch) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) Carrie wrote: "uggh...up again!"

Carrie, I am in the UK. Whats up hon?