Perspective Plus discussion

Chit Chat > Name changes needed

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 1031 comments Mod
I got to thinking that Plus Size does not describe me accurately. I am more than just a size 6x. I am a vibrant, beautifull, sexy, intelligent woman who has so much to offer. I think that we need to find a new term to describe larger people, men included, that truly states who we ARE and not just what we look like. I don't mean something cute like "fluffy" or "pleasingly plump", I mean something that encompasses everything about me. Gorgeous Love Goddess just seems to plain....

What do you think?

message 2: by Avril (new)

Avril | 1 comments I think Gorgeous Love Goddess has too many Gs in it myself ;).

message 3: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited May 20, 2010 07:30AM) (new)

That's why we need a good name that says it all. I think curvy girls is too young sounding, and big and luscious sounds dirty...

message 4: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited May 20, 2010 07:30AM) (new)

I have heard a good one lately. One of the desk clerks at the Y where I go, calls me "blessed" when reffering to my size. I like that.

message 5: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

I know that 2 of my friends heard a comedian, who is larger himself,use the term "fluffy' to describe his size. I saw a bit of his act on Comedy Central last night and he says that (his mom, I believe) had 4 types of descriptions for being fat: husky, healthy, fluffy and d***!

message 6: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

The comedians name is Gabriel Inglesias and he is a plus-sized comedian. He had a new special on comedy central last night as said that there are now 6 terms for fat. (I miss quoted at 4) The original 5 are big,healthy,husky,fluffy,and d***! The 6th one is OH H*** NO!

message 7: by Pamela (last edited Jan 19, 2012 04:02PM) (new)

Pamela aka Scottieluvr (scottieluvr) Another word for “Plus Size”:

1. well endowed
2. lots to love
3. voluptuous
4. BBW (big beautiful woman)
5. rubenesque
6. Victorian

Just some thoughts... :)

message 8: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited Jan 20, 2012 06:55AM) (new)

wonderful people

message 9: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

This kinda fits here more than anywhere else.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living...

message 10: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (new)

I like Leonard Nimoy's idea of calling the women in his photo essay "full bodied". I think I will now use that instead of plus sized or generously portioned.

Full bodied, like a fine wine.....I like that!

message 11: by Kim, Proud Queen of the Fat and Fabulous! (last edited Oct 09, 2013 07:04AM) (new)

I found this this morning on yahoo!

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/what-p...

I agree that Plus-size does not really cover the under size 20's out there and that they are more "curvy" than I am, but what about us over a size 28? What are we? Tent size? I'm sticking with full-bodied.

Or better yet,how about just calling me by my name and dropping the modifier all together?