The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newbie from Colorado

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) Hey everyone! I'm 21, and I live in Colorado. I'm a book addict, and have been since I could read! I love all fiction books, and generally tend to shy away from biographies since I have never read a good one. I am open to recommendations of any kind! My favorite authors are Stephenie Meyer, JK Rowling, Audrey Niffeneger, and Jane Austen. I absolutely hated The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, and that's the only book I have ever said that about! I love scrapbooking and watching movies, and going out on the weekends with my gal pals!

message 2: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments HI Latasha. Welcome to TNBBC. You sound like you will fit right in here.

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Guevara (jguevara) | 94 comments Rocky Mountain Hi,
Welcome. Where in Colorado? I know it well, from Cripple Creek to Castle Rock many years past. Winters are tough, so now i stick to the tropics (Philippines)

Great book list you have there. Excellent taste. including my favorite all time. I had to cut and paste your quote:

"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, burning bushes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?"
— Mark Twain

Crack me up. but Twain always does. too bad many think he only wrote a couple of boys books.

Nice meeting you. look forward to talking books with ya.

j (ya, just j. keep it simple nom de plume)

message 4: by KarenLee (new)

KarenLee Welcome, Latasha. I live in Colorado also. It sounds like you'll love it here.

message 5: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments Welcome Latasha, I'm from South Jersey. My husband has been to Colorado and loved it Great fishing! I'm disappointed to hear about Edgar Sawtelle, since it is sitting in my TBR pile..

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth | 137 comments Welcome, Latasha! I live in Colorado Springs and have written mysteries set in my home town (A Real Basket Case, 2007), Breckenridge (To Hell in a Handbasket, 2009), and Salida (Deadly Currents, to be released in March, 2011). I love the whole state!

message 7: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Welcome Latasha, we are glad you are here...I also live in Colorado...It's such a beautiful state. :~)

message 8: by Leah (new)

Leah (ling_ling) | 226 comments Welome! I'm from Colorado too! It seems there are a lot of us floating around this group ^_^

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Hi Latasha and thanks for joining. I love Audrey Niffenegger too... I own all her books (yes, even the picture ones!) I was lucky enough to meet her, her editor, and her literary agent in NYC... it was really cool!!!!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments Welcome Latasha!! :)

message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula | 1098 comments Welcome Latasha from another Coloradan!