SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > Series in order?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
Do you read all your series in order?

I won't start a series if I can't read the first book in the series. And I won't deviate from the order they come in.

message 2: by Tammi (new)

Tammi | 10 comments Yup me too, I read all series in order.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Definitely, unless the series is made up of stand-alone novels, like Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. In that case I try and read some of the earlier novels first, but the specific order doesn't matter.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Does anyone here re-read the books of a series before the next one comes out? I know some people do this, even if it's Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and they're on book 10. I wish I had that kind of time... I might do that for His Dark Materials before I read The Amber Spyglass though.

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12633 comments Mod
I did the "reread before the new book comes out" thing, with all the harry potters. But with none of the other series.

I also try and read the harry potter series again before a new movie comes out :)

message 6: by Crusader (new)

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2446 comments Mod
It depends on availability. If it's a series I bought myself and I own all the books then I read it in order.

If, however, I have to rely on the library I read what is available. Although my first preference is always to try to read them in order.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I read in series, I just have a thing that my brain WILL NOT allow me to read out of sequence you know??? I reread all the Harry Potters before the next came out and before the movie came out...

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracymm) | 43 comments Series I always read in order - except for Terry Pratchett. I got Carpe Jugulum and every month I would buy one before and one after book until I eventually had the whole lot.

And yes, I too re-read Harry Potter book before the movie comes out. Also before the series was complete, I would read the last book before I get the new one.

Deon Meyer you also don't have to read in sequence; every book tends to focus on a different character.

message 9: by Denell (new)

Denell | 74 comments I have read out of the series basicly just cause I didnt have my hands on the other books and I just couldnt resist. But I prefer reading in sequence

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what you mean Denell...

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments I am a kind of organisation freak so to start a series half way through would be a big no no for me. I would have to start from Book 1. I did read BOOK1 and then later I jumped into another book in the series as people said the series got better and I wanted to know if they were right. I normally wouldnt do that.Thats the onhly time I have done it.

message 12: by Rinya (new)

Rinya Singh | 10 comments I also read the series in order even when I re-read them.