Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > series order obsessed?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sstogner1) | 38 comments Anyone else have to read a series starting with the first book? I won't read a book in a series unless I read it in order. So I have this list of authors I want to read and I read all the books in order, then move on to the next author on my list. Now that I have found this website I have had to add more authors to my list . Right now I am on Karen Chance. I am thinking Blood Price (Victoria Nelson, #1) by Tanya Huff or Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs next.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I always read books in order in a series if at all possible. If I can get all the books in a series at the same time, then I'll read straight through usually. Bugging me right now that I have to skip a book in a series. Library had books 1-4 and I requested they buy 5 and they did. I have books 1-3 and 5 checked out now. I'm first on waiting list for book 4, which is a month overdue at the moment. The library said they may have to reorder that one (and presumably charge the other person for the price of the lost book).

Lu (Sugar & Snark) I refuse to read a series out of order! So yea order obsessed :)

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Sadler (robsad79) I always read books in orders. I always feel like I'll be missing something if I don't. I'm also bad with the spin offs. I won't read a spin off until I read the other books first.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Riga (aeriga) I agree, you miss so much especially with the characters. Little bits of information that will most likely come up again in the next book, but you missed it and then are lost. its terrible

message 6: by Amie (new)

Amie (amiesoso) | 1 comments i am addicted to a lot of series of paranormal romance i have been waiting a long time for a next book to come out while im waiting i pick up another series i swear i read them all i hate when they list the books from end to first in the front of the book and i read the last first before i realize it!!! sojoaim

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ | 7 comments I also feel definitely obliged to start a series with the first book and read the rest in order :) I agree with Robyn too, I feel like I might be missing something, even when people tell me there's no need to read in order I still can't help it!

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Moon Called (other topics)
Blood Price (other topics)