Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Theories > Who Is That Little Boy?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
WHen NotLocke was in the woods with Richard, he saw a little boy. Richard, when he turned to look, could not see him. However, later in the show, both NotLocke and Sawyer saw him.

Who is that little boy? He was dressed as an other, but the fact that he couldnt be seen by Richard is important.

His message was important as well - "You cannot kill him. That is not the way it works." (or something to that point)

I also thought it was great to see a bit of the old Locke peek out, when he got angry and yelled back "Dont tell me what I cant do!"....

I was thinking two things.... Perhaps it is Jacob in a new form? In his child form? Reminding NotLocke about the boundaries.

Or, could it be, even though the ages wouldnt match up, Aaron? Aaron being to the island what Walt should have been? We all know that Walt was deemed as "special".... and we also know that Aaron was deemed special as well, by the psychic. He was not to be tainted by being raised by anyone but Claire.

What are your theories?

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (newtomato) I figured since Locke & Sawyer could see the boy, but Richard couldn't, that the boy's visibility is connected to being a "candidate" - whatever that means?

I have to say, the boy looked a *lot* like a young Jacob.

message 3: by Philip (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 63 comments My thoughts were young Jacob, Aaron, or maybe one of the kids they stole from 815... wasn't there a kid who carried around a stuffed bear or something that was taken to the others along with the flight attendant?

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 44 comments I think the young kid has been on the island a long time. He told NotLocke (LOL- good name for him, Lori) that he can't kill Sawyer, that those aren't the rules. What rules is he talking about? NotLocke seemed to know exactly who he was.

message 5: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

maybe the boy was not Jacob and he was talking about killing Jacob? Much to ponder, eh?

Ahhhhhh... Alex, that is an interesting way to look at it!!

message 6: by Maria (new)

Maria (minks05) | 52 comments i like that idea alex!

i had thought it was a young jacob from the get-go, and assumed he was referring to not being allowed to kill sawyer. lots to think about!

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (goodreadscomcourtneynicole95) Yeah, when I first saw him, I thought that it might be the young version of Jacob...but now I'm not so sure...

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry NotLocke was quite shocked and distressed to see the boy. I think it was a young Jacob, perhaps Jacob found his own loop hole?

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments That's interesting, Sherry. The man in black found a loophole via smokey/Locke (who I like to call "Flocke" for "fake Locke") so why couldn't Jacob also have a loophole?

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 70 comments My first impression was a young Jacob also. These are all some interesting theories...

message 11: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments There is no way it could be Jacob. It must be someone taking baby Jacob's form.

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (goodreadscomcourtneynicole95) Hm...and I don't suppose it could be Aaron, could it?

message 13: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments In my opinion, I don't think it's Jacob or Aaron.

message 14: by Marcel (new)

Marcel (marcelkoma) Hm...now here's something to think about: What exactly are Jacob and his nemesis/Flocke (stands for Fake Locke, not my invention) in the first place? Flocke said he was an ordinary man once so what does that imply? Who made him the way he is now? Was it Jacob or was ist someone else? Maybe there are people (or entities) involved we haven't seen yet and the kid could be one of them. The kid could be Aaron though, that would make sense. On the other hand, I'd be intrigued so see something more surprising than that.

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Yes, Echo...Maybe whoever made Flocke made the boy.

message 16: by Philip (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 63 comments I had also heard angels...

Here's something else something else I want to throw out there: There's this big thing between the man in black and Jacob. Both sides are certain their side is going to win. There've been a whole lot of Biblical paralells throughout the show. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but it HAS to have been because it's so obvious.

Satan still believes he can beat God, even though Satan's probably had access to the Bible and the Bible says that he'll lose. The Bible also says there's going to be a pretty decent battle at the end. The man in black said that "it always ends the same way." ... I don't have time to write this all out right now, but you see where I'm going with it, right?

message 17: by Courtney (last edited Feb 21, 2010 03:44PM) (new)

Courtney (goodreadscomcourtneynicole95) Yeah. I think I remembered Damon and Carlton saying something like they really wanted to express who was "good" and who was "evil" in this season. So who would be on which side?

message 18: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Yes, Phillip, there will indeed be a battle between the light and dark, surely.

message 19: by Rach (new)

Rach (rachlovestv) | 64 comments Hmm, I thought they said that the point was that no one is either all good or all either...

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Well, no one is ALL bad or ALL good, though, right? I mean we are talking MOSTLY bad or good

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (goodreadscomcourtneynicole95) I wonder what side Jack would be on...he always tries so hard to do the right thing, but it usually ends up with someone dying or something horrible happening.

message 22: by JSou (new)

JSou I don't have anything to add right now, but I'm just posting so I'll get updates on all the threads!

message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry I thought the boy was dressed identically to Jacob when Jacob visited Hurley in the jungle. The clothes looked to big for the boy as well. Along with the man in black's response led me to think it might be Jacob or some form of him anyway.

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (goodreadscomcourtneynicole95) Ooh, interesting...nice observation.

message 25: by Philip (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 63 comments No joke. Nice work Sherry.

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments What did he have on?

message 27: by Rauf (new)

Rauf I think it's li'l Jacob too.
Sorry I can't come up with a new speculation.
XP

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

could be aaron

message 29: by Knarik (last edited Feb 23, 2010 01:57AM) (new)

Knarik I think the boy was the island's massenger, one who is between Jacob and MIB. As you have already mantioned there can't be obsolute evil or obsolute good, so if we see MIB as only black and Jacob as only white, we can see the boy as gray- somebody who balances the scale. Or he is the island himself-in a boy's form.

message 30: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Im still thinking it is Jacob in child form. But this is really interesting theorizing...!!

message 31: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Carrie, if I recall correctly they were wearing leather vests and a white shirt. I'd love to watch that first episode to confirm...

message 32: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments Does abc.com have the episodes on there?

message 33: by Carrie (new)

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments yep -- they are on there.

message 34: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

I saw the enhanced show from last week tonite, and I have to say, he certainly LOOKS like Jacob! And when NotLocke first sees him, his hands are covered in blood....

message 35: by Connie (new)

Connie | 20 comments I just assumed it was Jacob...as to "the rules" seems like the same sort of rules Ben and Widmore had to follow where the couldn't kill each other and Wid wasn't supposed to be able to kill Alex. I am way behind though, this is the first time I have visited a forum all season.

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments I'm not sure who I think the boy is, but I wanted to mention this (sorry if it's already been mentioned). The boy is wearing the same clothes/outfit that Jacob was wearing in the beginning of the finale of season 5 when he had that conversation with the MIB...