Vampire Lovers! discussion

Help needed identifying a particular book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Werner (new)

Werner This isn't a real discussion topic as such, but I'm trying to identify a vampire novel I read as a kid (though it wasn't a kid's book), so I can list it on my read shelf. Unfortunately, I've long forgotten the author or title; but it was a cross between a vampire novel and a police procedural. The police were trying to find the killer of a young prostitute, and ran into mounting evidence that they were dealing with an actual, Undead vampire. (The vampire's name was Sebastian Paulier; I guess I can remember it because it was unusual.) It would have been published in the 1950s or 60s, I think, since I read it in paperback sometime in the 60s. Anyway, I remember it as having been really intriguing to me at the time; so if any of you can point me to an author or title name, I'll be grateful!

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina | 1 comments Hi Werner ,
I think the book you are looking for is
Progeny of the Adder
by Leslie H. Whitten.
There are some used copies listed on Amazon.com
Hope this helped
Chris

message 3: by Werner (new)

Werner Thanks, Christina. That's exactly the book I was looking for --I recognized the cover right away when I looked it up on Amazon!

message 4: by Kasie (new)

Kasie | 28 comments awe this is sweet a book being recoved to its reader i live for days like this O_0