What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sacred Pool
This topic is about The Sacred Pool
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. girl learns magic, shapeshifting and a fantasy-like timetravel [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Feb 16, 2010 12:23PM) (new)

John Harrington (johnharrington) | 3 comments Hi, I read this book about 6 or so years ago. From what I remember, in the beginning this girl's mother hides her in some bushes while some townspeople kill her (the mother) for practicing some sort of magic. This girl somehow finds a wizard of sorts and he teaches her magic through some old tomes which are located in this building where time doesn't pass(seem to recall a sun that doesn't set). She eventually learns to time-travel and shapeshifts at some point too. I know it's an adult book as I remember a sex scene or two. I also remember she was young in body, but due to her studies in the timeless building, her mind had aged far older. I also recall magic not working well or at all in church's and worked best in the old parts of the world.

This is part of a trilogy or series. I remember it being bizarre, but also intriguing. Any ideas? I obviously don't rememeber the author or name, but believe if I saw either I would. Or maybe the cover art.. Thanks for any help and I'll try to remember more details!

Edit:
I remember Pan (who is a pagan god?) was in this and it had a strong pagan feel to it if that makes any sense :)

message 2: by John (new)

John Harrington (johnharrington) | 3 comments I must have stumped people here... ;)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Oh no Joharr, Some members check these threads infrequently. Some books are found nearly immediately but many more take days, weeks, months, even longer. Keep checking back!

message 4: by John (new)

John Harrington (johnharrington) | 3 comments Nm, i found it! I kept remembering a pond was in it, then i remembered pool. I checked books with pool in the name and there it was
The Sacred Pool
L. Warren Douglas

Next time I read a book I halfway enjoy from the library, i'll buy it.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Joharr, Thanks for letting us know.