Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > reprints?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhia (new)

Rhia Curran (animeactress) | 12 comments im new and this question has probably been asked before but....oh well.
some of the tamora pierce books have new covers and all seem to have updated editions except the circle of magic-Briar's book and the circle opens #2 street magic. in order to get the new covers up do i just create another book then combine or what?
*sigh* im so lost.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44215 comments Mod
If the new covers have new ISBNs, the it's easy, so I'm assuming they do not?

Yes, you can create a new edition with the new cover, put "new edition/cover of ISBN " in the description field, and combine editions with the earlier one.

Hope that helps. :)

message 3: by Rhia (new)

Rhia Curran (animeactress) | 12 comments thanx. im just confused because for street magic in particular there are two editions with the same cover different isbns and the new cover has the same isbn as one of them. im sorry im asking probably dumb questions but i just wanna fix this.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you provide links to the two editions, and maybe to the other cover, if you can find it somewhere online?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

It does indeed look like what I thought might be true is -- this seems to be a new cover for the same book. Since we cannot have two books in the GR database with the same ISBN, I added a new edition with the new cover and a blank ISBN field -- but with a note in the description field.

Are there others in this series with the same issue? I can help you do the same thing with their new covers. :)

message 7: by Rhia (new)

Rhia Curran (animeactress) | 12 comments thank you so much! but i think ill try to do the other one myself ;)
thanx for showing me how. :D

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Have fun. :)