Authors Without A Yacht (AWaY) discussion

Buy Direct From These Publishers > Authors, Please Add Your Direct Links

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rowena, Group Owner (last edited Feb 17, 2010 09:52AM) (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 685 comments Mod
If Readers can find the best legal pricing by buying directly from your publisher, please add that information in this folder.

Please, authors, start your own Topic. Do not post on this admin thread.

message 2: by Joe (new)

Joe Vadalma (JoeVadalma) | 25 comments Mod
My books are available on Renaissance E-Books, http://pageturnereditions.com Search on my last name.

Joe Vadalma

message 3: by Rowena, Group Owner (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 685 comments Mod
Joe,

Please start a new TOPIC for pageturnereditions. You'll get better visibility for them.
:-)

Rowena

message 4: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 24 comments Mod
I think best price for my books is fictionwise.com. I like that they give rebates, too. They also offer special discounts and have a wish list function, so I can save books for sales, etc.

message 5: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 93 comments Mod
The best price is often at Fictionwise or ARe. At the same time, for the readers that want more of the sale to go to the author, they want to purchase from publisher sites. Since most indie/e author contracts give a percentage of net (and even when they don't, the percentages are staggered to give more money to the author when the book sells from the publisher site), that's the best way to maximize how much the author will make.

Example. If a $6 e-book sells from a distribution channel that takes 50%, the net is $3, and an author with a 40% royalty rate will make $1.20 for the sale. If, on the other hand, that same book sells from the publisher site and publisher chooses to eat the cart costs from his/her share (often happens), the net will be the full $6, doubling what the author makes.