Percy Jackson discussion

How was the movie?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sadichha (new)

Sadichha Why the hell is he 16? Come on! And Athena? What's with her British accent?
They screwed it up.
Nice special affects but the rest sucked. There were no 'Persephone's pearls' in the book.
Where was Ares? Annabeth wasn't smart at all, just bloodthirsty.
I was so sad...

message 2: by Sadichha (new)

Sadichha After seeing 'my sister's keeper', i began to have lower expectations for pj& the o lthief, but it was just sad. And thalia's tree wasn't there, which sucked cuz then there's nothing for the basis of titans curse

message 3: by Sadichha (new)

Sadichha and thalia
poo

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Agreed … to everything you said. I was quite disappointed. *sighs*

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) same. they made the movie for people who have never read the book and closed off the options to do the rest of the series. They left out and changed so much! Luke wasn't even affiliated with Kronos, and what was with the rule that gods and goddesses can't see their children? It was decent just as a movie-- i agree the special effects were awesome-- but the movie would have been exponentially better if they stuck to the book. I don't even get what the point of changing it all was! The book itself is even more interesting and has more action and comedy. Why would they change the entire storyline *mutters irritatedly to herself*

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I agree, I agree. *another sigh*

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) also, this wasn't as important, but i wish they showed more of the camp that is described in the books if you know what I mean. and annabeth wasn't even blonde! whatever happened to temporary hair dye that people use in movies all the time? idk i just think they could have done it sooo much better. still, it was worth seeing...

message 8: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Yeah, I wished they'd show the camp more too. And I don't know why they didn't even bother with hair dye; it's not like it's wicked expensive or anything. Geez. Agreed, they could have and should have done a lot better. But yeah, I guess it was worth seeing … even if it was just to drool over Logan Lerman … XD

message 9: by Helen (new)

Helen Bae (baehelen17) | 4 comments Mod
The movie was little bit different from the book! it's fun though :P
- helenish, from korea-

message 10: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livibooks3) "even if it was just to drool over Logan Lerman" haha yeah :P. The movie was definitely still fun, but I hate it when the movie gets totally changed from the book... I expect the movie of a book to be worse than the book, but still, you can make your best effort... the only movie i've ever seen that was better than the book was Stardust. The movie WAS the book, except with more detail and basically better.