Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Poll Nominations > March Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Ok, so I've been doing some thinking.
I'm sure most of you are like me and have plenty other chick lit books that are not RDI books.
What if, instead of limiting nominations to RDI books and former authors, we put in nominations for any chick lit book every other month?
I have so many that I wish I could nominate because I want to read them and can't because they are either a)not published by RDI, b)not a former RDI author, or c) not a UK author (for those of us in the Chick Lit UK Author group).
So what does everyone think about this idea? We can start taking nominations for a non-RDI/Author book for March if everyone agrees.

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara It's a good idea but I think the UK books should be left for the UK Group (for those of you in it). It would kind of defeat the purpose of that group.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments That sounds good to me!

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Tara wrote: "It's a good idea but I think the UK books should be left for the UK Group (for those of you in it). It would kind of defeat the purpose of that group. "

I thought about that too, but I was trying to keep it open for those that are not in the UK group. Either way - it doesn't matter to me. :)

message 5: by Stacy (new)

I'll make the first nomination then -

Mating Rituals of the North American Wasp
It fits task #10.5

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments Here are some that are sitting on my shelves:

I'm With Stupid, Elaine Szewczyk
The Second Assistant, Clare Naylor
H.R.H, Danielle Steel
Carpool Diem, Nancy Star

message 7: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) Stacy, I like that suggestion. That was one I was reading when morning sickness took over, so I ended up putting it aside and never finished it. I was enjoying it, too.

How about Nearlyweds by Beth Kendrick...that one has been on my shelf for a little while now.

message 8: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments I like the idea too. Nearlyweds has been on my list for a bit, too.

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (diva2416) | 819 comments Oh I have Nearlyweds too. Maybe we should do votes on how many people have had the same book sitting on their shelves forever :-P

message 10: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Nearlyweds sounds cute, plus I just checked and the library has it!

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara I read Nearlyweds. Such a good book.

message 12: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I loved Nearlyweds! It made me one of her biggest fans :D :D

message 13: by Stacy (new)

Ok, I'm going to put up a poll in a few minutes.
Sorry, it's going to be a quick one, I kind of lost track of time...