Thoughts and Opinions discussion

Simple > Avatar

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 279 comments Mod
A great film in my mind, especially in technical terms. It was a huge step in film-making and opens up many new possibilities. I want to know what you thought of this movie? I assume everyone has seen it because it has out grossed the American national debt.

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 186 comments The film passed my expectations. I loved the graphics in the film, I felt like I was actually in the movie. (besides the fact that I watched it on the big screen.) I loved the message of peace and connection to every living thing. And the ending... LOVE IT!

message 3: by Adris (new)

Adris (adristl) I thought the plot was too predictable, but the graphics were AMAZING! I would rate the movie a 4.99999 out of 5 :)

message 4: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Good...but too loooooooong for me. My arse was numb.

message 5: by Adris (new)

Adris (adristl) True, they needed an intermission. Has anyone seen Alice in Wonderland? I'm broke so I can't see it until it comes out on DVD, but I want some reviews

message 6: by Lorna (new)

Lorna I going to see it tonight.

message 7: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 1225 comments Mod
I was gonna see it today too! But my friend canceled. :'(

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sfreeves) I saw it yesterday- pretty good in my opinion. Very strange, though. Alot of references to the original story.

message 9: by Adris (new)

Adris (adristl) That's good. I hoped they wouldn't 'hollywood it' too much

message 10: by Lorna (new)

Lorna I enjoyed it! It was rather 'normal' by Tim Burton's standards, but still weird enough to satisfy my warped tastes :).

Anne Hathaway was surprisingly funny as the White Queen. I didn't know she had it in her...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Adris wrote: "True, they needed an intermission. Has anyone seen Alice in Wonderland? I'm broke so I can't see it until it comes out on DVD, but I want some reviews"

I saw it today.

message 12: by Lorna (new)

Lorna ....did you like it?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, it was really good visually. The plot followed the story basically exactly, and yeeaaah. It was enjoyable.

message 14: by Lorna (new)

Lorna ....ok I'm going to show my ignorance here, but...Avitar is a book???!?! How did I not know this??? Must read...

message 15: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 1225 comments Mod
I believe she is talking about Alice. Ha.

message 16: by Lorna (new)

Lorna OH. Right. Woops :P