Classics Book Club discussion

This Month > How's everyone doing?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (hawkstar) | 73 comments Mod
Has anyone started yet? Or maybe even finished?

(just a note, while reading and after finishing the books, you can discuss them in the "This Month - Book Discussions" folder)

message 2: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick Just got the book on Friday from the library..yeah

However the Olympics stuff is very exciting and haven't been home long enough to read..hehehe

Hoping to start soon.

:)

message 3: by Gabby (new)

Gabby R. | 4 comments I have both books waiting at the library but I haven't gotten to pick them up yet

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Awesome :)

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 9 comments I haven't had a chance to visit with this group for a while. I wasn't aware of the group reads. At the moment I am "reading" an audiobook of The Count of Monte Cristo. Haven't gotten very far yet, but I like it a lot so far. I will be audiobooking as much as possible, because I am an auditory person rather than a visual person.

message 6: by Alyssa (new)

That's cool. :)

message 7: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo- in fact I just started a few days ago and it's a little thick. I've already read a Tale of Two cities (in fact just a month ago and it's one of the best books I've ever read). I planned on reading Hamlet as soon as I finish that book. I was reading reviews on it and I saw this classics group and I joined. I've been needing to read more, so this should be a good motivator. :)

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) I am currently reading Moby Dick-I had started it back in Oct as an Eread and got side tracked with some paperbacks.
I was on a cruise this week and decided it was time to restart MB.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Waggoner (crazybass33) | 4 comments Great! Just finished Voltaire's Candide. Am looking forward to rereading Hamlet and discussing with all.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) Catamorandi wrote: "I haven't had a chance to visit with this group for a while. I wasn't aware of the group reads. At the moment I am "reading" an audiobook of The Count of Monte Cristo. Haven't gotten very far ye..."

I love audiobooks too, especially during my commute home. Its a great way to get through some thick titles :)

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mgauffant) I'm a bit more than halfway done with Moby Dick and having a hard time.
I've had to skim through quite a bit; there is far too much excess in this book-when does it get good?!

message 12: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Michelle wrote: "I'm a bit more than halfway done with Moby Dick and having a hard time.
I've had to skim through quite a bit; there is far too much excess in this book-when does it get good?!"

I remember starting Moby Dick one summer in high school. It took me a month to read half of it, and then I got distracted with other books so I ended up returning MD to the library unfinished. I've never forgotten it, though, and I always wanted to go back and read the whole thing. I think it'll be worth the effort.

message 13: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) I started Moby Dick in 8th grade and about half way through the book, I put it down and will eventually attempt to read it again. My dad owns a copy so I can read as long as I want:).

Anyway, I started Hamlet yesterday and am already half way through. I should easily finish today.