Alternative Romance discussion

Theme-Specific > Insane Characters

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) | 129 comments Mod
I love characters that are crazy; call it daddy-issues.

My favorite is Tiger from the Tiger and Del series by Jennifer Roberson. The series is a pretty good size and Tiger looses his mind every few books. The first time is after he murders his love, Del. I won't give you a spoiler about whether she lives or not but I will hint that her name is in the series title and she is on the cover of the subsequent books. It was still a surprise to me because I was, like, 13 and dumb.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Wow. I need to check that out.

I like the insane romance novel heroes.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Hansen (meganhansen) | 15 comments Mod
Christy wrote: "Tiger looses his mind every few books."

He loses his mind in the first book! I think he had at least one episode if not a total break down every book. I loved that series...

Just off the top of my head Dance With The Devil was insane. Or at least Kenyon tried for insane, but in reality Zerack was just super lonely, isolated and bitter... so pretty much like all the Dark Hunter heroes.

I recently read Crazy For You, where the leading ladies ex is maybe not insane, but he gets PRETTY crazy towards the end. Crusie did a good job of getting inside the guys head so it was even more jaw dropping as he lost his senses.

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) Crazy for You and Tiger and Del sound very interesting. I shall have to put them in my ridiculously high TBR list.

message 5: by André (new)

André (andrh) | 3 comments Hey Christy, crazy - what is that? Aren't we all?
Best wishes,
André