Alternative Romance discussion

Genre-Specific > Horror

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (last edited Feb 13, 2010 07:33PM) (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) | 129 comments Mod
My first thought when I put horror and romance together is Poppy Z Brite's Steve and Ghost couple that pops up in numerous books/anthologies.

I recently read Haunted Lily: The Nightmare Ball and I dug the couple of the tormented psychic and the heart-broken-dude-who-lives-in-a-church, I could read more of that.

johnny, The Mark of Chaos: An Urban Dark Fantasy is oddly romantic in a non-romantic way. johnny is just as weird and abusive as a bad-boy hero in any bad-boy-themed romance novel but for some reason it comes off as less 911y because hes a demon? I'm left thinking 'Well, he is a demon, he could do worse.'

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) Does Johnny have a HEA, Christy? I'm interested, very interested in this one.

message 3: by Christy (new)

It SORTA does....The whole thing is just really weird, I'm not sure what to say about it lol

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) Okay, I'll keep that in mind. :)

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I kind of have a hard time putting horror and romance together. I am not into horror, so I think I will bow out of this one.

message 6: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite. Trevor and Zack battle inner demons, ghosts and find romance and it has a HEA. Awwww. It's one of my favorites. Exquisite Corpse by the same author has a romance between two serial killers but it's not a book suited for most.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Drawing Blood is my favorite PZB book but I adoooooooooooored Exquisite Corpse. She makes necrophilia look like a box of chocolates on Valentines Day.

Anne Bishop's BJT is one of my favorite series. Lucivar is my favorite ;)

message 8: by Christy (new)

Uhhhhhhhh...yes. #7 came out in March.

message 9: by Merzbau (new)

Merzbau | 29 comments Horror Story and Other Horror Stories by Robert Boyczuk

from the back cover "Love and Loss are the two prevailing themes in this gripping short story collection...."

message 10: by Christy (new)

Never head of it, I'll check it out now. Thanks!

message 11: by Merzbau (new)

Merzbau | 29 comments like any collection some stories are stronger than others but i've enjoyed it so far..i've got about 100 pages left