Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Heroes And Heroines > Authors that do the Best Heroines

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Who writes the best Heroines?
I must admit that I don't pay much attention to the heroines myself. As long as they aren't the wicked witch of the west or a major whiney baby I can enjoy the story and concentrate on my heroes.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 146 comments I love most of Lisa Kleypas's heroines.

message 3: by Dyanne (new)

Dyanne  (dyanneg) I enjoy Mary Balogh Heroines. Some are damaged, imperfect and all have texture.

message 4: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz I'm with Danielle on Kleypas and from what I've read from Shana Abé she's right up there too. Good heroines are hard to come by.

message 5: by Julianna (last edited Mar 05, 2010 03:26PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I think I pay somewhat less attention to the heroines too, although a bad heroine can certainly ruin a story for me even if the hero is generally well-done. Most of my favorite authors have written some really good heroines. J.R. Ward, Lorraine Heath, Liz Carlyle, Gaelen Foley, Elizabeth Hoyt, and Julie Garwood come to mind. I'll third Lisa Kleypas too.;-)

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Ok, I will agree with all the picks so far :)
Also Pamela Clare, Linda Howard, Julia Quinn, Allison Brennan, Teresa Medeiros and Jill Shalvis are writers that have some decent heroines that can hold their own.

message 7: by Jas (new)

Jas (10jbean01) | 5 comments I'll add Gena Showalter. I've only read about...5? books of hers, but I've yet to feel like any of them "repeat" themselves. So far they are all unique from each other, and, I think, highly entertaining! I like a touch of humor with all my ladies

message 8: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) I think Kresley Cole does good heroines. I like most of Jo Beverley and J.R. Ward's heroines, too. Jane Austen, of course. And Juliet Marillier, who writes fantasy/romance.

message 9: by SheLove2Read (new)

SheLove2Read (sherrih95) Lisa Kleypas, Patricia Briggs, Kresley Cole, Cindy Gerard

❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️ Linda Howard, J.R. Ward & Lisa Kleypas

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Hmmm, yep!

message 12: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) I always like Lisa Kleypas' heroines and Lorraine Heath's. Until recently, I liked Liz Carlyle but then she started going off in a paranormal direction. Does anyone know whether she righted the ship and returned to her good, old fashioned romance? she used to be an auto-buy for me.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I've read a few of Liz Carlyle but not many of her newer ones. I don't really know.

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Liz Carlyle used to be an "auto-buy" for me, too! I haven't read her in awhile, so I don't know, Marilyn.

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary I really like Judith Ivory's heroines. Of the ones I've read anyway. She seems to like writing unconventional heroines.

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I don't think I've read Judith Ivory. I'll have to check her out. Thanks!

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I don't think I've read Judith Ivory. I'll have to check her out. Thanks!

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I just discovered Judith Ivory last year. I like her. I have a couple of her books lined up on Kindle and in audiobook format. I just need to get to them. I've heard Beast is very good. Need to move that one up on Mt. TBR.

Beast by Judith Ivory

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary Haven't read the Beast yet, but I have it in paperback, and plan to read it soon. I have read The Proposition, though, and that book is excellent. One of my favorite heroines AND heroes. I adore Mick.

message 20: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Oh, yes. Read that last year. Good book.

message 21: by Pat (new)

Pat | 5 comments Loretta Chase

message 22: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

message 23: by Joeera (last edited Dec 15, 2012 10:01AM) (new)

Joeera  | 128 comments I liked Judith Mcnaught,Jeanienne Frost,Nalini Sing,Julie Garwood. To name a few and all other ones mentioned are great as well