fantasy book lovers!! discussion

Other > Mockingjay!!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i know you have all probablly heard by now that the new book is going to be called Mockingjay but what does everyone think about the third book?

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 5 comments Oh wow. I didn't know it was going to be called Mockingjay. I like the cover though. It's a lot lighter color then the previous two books, does this mean the third book is going to be more hopeful and not as dark as the last two? There could be some symbolism going on here! lol

message 3: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 102 comments The last book had a white cover in Europe, so I don't think that's it. But I'm really excited about it. But If she kills ***** I will cry, scream, and maybe stop reading it.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 11 comments I am super excited that they finally released it. The title is perfect for this series. I don't think Suzzane Collins could have picked another one - especially with the way there is so much emphasis on the mockingjay in this series. The cover is a sharp departure from the others and doesn't seem to quite fit with the rest, which is a little bit disappointing. But don't get me wrong it is a very Beautiful cover. Maybe if they stacked her name in the corner the way they did for the other books it would look more unifying. The gold mockingjay pin was very nice, i have even gone so far as to find one that was for sale. But nonetheless it is still very lovely!

message 5: by Holly (new)

Holly (holyangel104) | 1 comments This is awesome and I totally think the cover is supposed to symbolize hope. There are different publishers in different countries. So, I believe scholastic wants to allow the covers to symbolize the mood of the revolution throughout the series. Other publishers may choose to do differently. The mockingjay is now lighter in color and so is the cover. All of which are hopeful. The bird even has it wings spread all the way and its head held up high. I think this bird is free to do as it chooses, and one day the people of Panem will be able to do the same.

Christy (TheReaderBee) (thereaderbee) I can't wait for this book to come out! I think they picked the perfect name, and the perfect cover. It's going to be a long wait!

message 7: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) august isnt that far away so am sure we will be fine

message 8: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 102 comments you could always get an arc if you're from the US. Ye lucky so and so's!

Christy (TheReaderBee) (thereaderbee) ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "august isnt that far away so am sure we will be fine"

I guess you're right. ;p ... It's not like I don't already have a rapidly growing list of books waiting to be read anyways. lol

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Christy wrote: "~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "august isnt that far away so am sure we will be fine"

I guess you're right. ;p ... It's not like I don't already have a rapidly growing list of books waiting to be read anyways..."

same here

message 11: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) me i have too many to read but i know that when this book comes out i will be reading it straight away even if i still have loads of books to read lol

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

^^

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary | 5 comments I just found out a couple of days ago, that when "Catching Fire" was released borders was selling mocingjay pins. I didn't even hear they were doing that. Did anyone else know about them or have one?

message 14: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Mary wrote: "I just found out a couple of days ago, that when "Catching Fire" was released borders was selling mocingjay pins. I didn't even hear they were doing that. Did anyone else know about them or have one?"

no but am from england so they probably dont do that in our book shops

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 5 comments My closest bookshop is a walden's bookshop, Borders own walden though, but I don't believe they sold the mockingjay pin during the las release. I only found out about it online. I got one from ebay and its really neat!