We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Off Topic (Non-Kleypas Chat) > Giulio101 - an introductory course devoted to the study of all things Giulio Berruti

Comments Showing 1-50 of 334 (334 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by KarenH (last edited Feb 13, 2010 07:50PM) (new)

KarenH | 121 comments WHO IS LO SPARVIERO?

[image error]

I was thinking it might be nice to have a thread where we can chat about this scorching hot, tall, dark, over-the-top handsome, blue-eyed Italian studmuffin (and actor)! Maybe link to your favorite Giulio videos, post pictures, or help me decipher parts of "La Figlia di Elisa" so we can figure out exactly what the heck happened.

Hope to see you (and Giulio) soon!
K2

message 2: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Greetings class. I think we should skip all the niceties and get right down to the most important subject - Giulio's anatomy. :D Which part(s) do you like? Being the sweet & innocent *cough cough* girl I am, I'll just say I love his kissable-looking lips. Have you ever seen a more seductive set of smackers?

[image error]

[image error]

*insert fainting smiley*

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments looonnnngggggg sigh

message 4: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 99 comments His eyes - you could drown in them! But the lips aren't bad either!!!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments AnneOK wrote: "His eyes - you could drown in them! But the lips aren't bad either!!!"

he's got kissable lips :)

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Oh, I love that last picture. Makes me want to bring him home and put a smile on his face. *sigh*

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Oh. My. God.

Thank you for creating this thread. *does happy fangirl dance*

message 8: by Holly (last edited Feb 13, 2010 06:43PM) (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Some of my faves...

[image error] Photobucket

Photobucket

To answer the question that KarenH posed...the lips, and those blue eyes get me every time. :)

message 9: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Feb 13, 2010 06:43PM) (new)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (ladyjayne) | 400 comments OMG! I could totally drown in his eyes and I just want to nibble on those extremely kissable lips. Oops! Sorry. Did I say that out loud? *giggles*

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 13, 2010 06:51PM) (new)

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! I am so glad for this! I will be back later to post all my favorites of this GOD with the BOD!

For now I will answer...yes, his eyes are TO DIE FOR and that wicked mouth, I know he could even more wicked things with it!!! AND his hair...yes, his hair, being a female barber, I usualy do not like long hair on men...however, what I would do to run my finger thru that mane. Holy shit, especially if it was wet! (did I just say wet?)

Ok, I need to go find my hubby,(blush) it is his birthday after all!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I also need to add that I'm gonna guess that there are parts of him that I've not seen that I'd be more that willing to check out and I am certain I would be thrilled with those parts!!(((wicked chuckle)))

message 12: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Oh, I love that last picture. Makes me want to bring him home and put a smile on his face. *sigh*"

To say nothing of the smile it would put on yours!!

message 13: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Although I'm a big "Marquis di Van Necker" fan, I am starting to appreciate the "Giulio Branchiforte" look

[image error]

message 14: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments KarenH wrote: "To say nothing of the smile it would put on yours!!
"

Oh, Amen, Sister. Amen!

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 14, 2010 06:27AM) (new)

KarenH wrote: "Although I'm a big "Marquis di Van Necker" fan, I am starting to appreciate the "Giulio Branchiforte" look

"

Karen, I will be watching this next! I love him all 5 o'clock shadow-ish!

[image error]

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 14, 2010 06:26AM) (new)

GORGEOUS!!!! I could watch this over and over and over!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HokS61...

[image error]

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 14, 2010 06:27AM) (new)

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 14, 2010 06:33AM) (new)

(((fanning myself)))..the wet dark hair...OMG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs9VOb...

message 19: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 152 comments That guy is unspeakably gorgeous. When he comes out of the water...(*sigh*)

message 20: by KarenH (last edited Feb 14, 2010 01:30PM) (new)

KarenH | 121 comments I love those videos, Heidi. The first one I've watched so many times I finally just downloaded it onto my desktop for convenience. The second video is gaining on the first for most times watched. The third one is just like Auntee said...*sigh* It's all about the wetness. :)

This is the video that is currently causing me emotional distress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerNMZ...

[image error]

Did he really do the Princess??? Say it ain't so!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I watched this entire mini series and it insinuates that something did happen between them, but I like to just think it didn't unless I was her of course, then it would have been fine! LOL

If you haven't watched the mini series, you must! even if you can't understand what they are saying it VERY emotional. I cried my eyes out toward the end and my hubby asked me if I was gonna be ok. It was absolutely heart wrenching at one point! Best movie I have ever seen hands down!

message 22: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments I'm watching it now for the second time. K says Andrea slept with the princess when he and Agnese were apart but, like you, I'm trying to convince myself they didn't. At times like this it would've been nice to know what was being said. IMO the most heart-wrenching parts were 1. when she saw him kissing & he told her they were totally finished (from the vid I posted above) and 2. when he was imprisoned and saw her leaving with Loya. I totally agree with you...bar none, it's the best movie I've ever seen!

[image error]

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 15, 2010 04:23AM) (new)

Yep, the prison scene, I cried like a baby, my heart actually hurt for him!

[image error]

message 24: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments KarenH wrote: "I love those videos, Heidi. The first one I've watched so many times I finally just downloaded it onto my desktop for convenience. The second video is gaining on the first for most times watched. T..."

So what was he throwing the fit about? I must admit he looked good even then :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

He blamed her for his mothers death...or at elast thats the way in iterpereted it. :)

message 26: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments tks!

message 27: by KarenH (last edited Feb 15, 2010 01:45PM) (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Heidi wrote: "He blamed her for his mothers death...or at elast thats the way in iterpereted it. :)"

I think since Agnese's brother was the one that killed his mom, he didn't want anything to do with her either. That's why he was trying to forget her, but the day of her wedding, he realized his love for Agnese was stronger than his need to avenge his mother's death.

[image error]

message 28: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments anyone know what (if any) novel this is based on? and was it ever published in english?

message 29: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Yay!! Good news! I translated Wikipedia's page on Giulio and this is what it says he will be working on for television in 2010:

# Angels and diamonds, directed by Raffaele Mertes - Mini-TV - Channel 5 (2010)
# The daughter of Elisa - Ritorno a Rivombrosa Parte Seconda, directed by Stefano Alleva - Miniseries TV - Channel 5 (2010) - Role: Casalegno Andrea Van Necker

A new miniseries AND part 2 of La Figlia?

message 30: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments KarenH wrote: "Yay!! Good news! I translated Wikipedia's page on Giulio and this is what it says he will be working on for television in 2010:
"

Yay!! This made my day. Thanks for the info. :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG, a part 2? I'm so excited! I can't wait!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) I didn't understand either that he wanted nothing to do with Agnese blaming her for his mothers death. Didn't they explain that his mother was trying to stab Agnese and her brother was protecting her? That was very confusing.
Also, this sounds stupid but did his mother kill both of Agnese's parents. I am just starting to watch the mini series about Elise and I love that couple. How very sad that they didn't have much of a HEA.
I wonder what Part 2 is going to be about?

message 33: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Cynthia wrote: "I didn't understand either that he wanted nothing to do with Agnese blaming her for his mothers death. Didn't they explain that his mother was trying to stab Agnese and her brother was protecting ..."

Regarding Andrea blaming Agnese, I think he blamed her brother and she was simply guilty by association. I mean really...look how many times Andrea was shunned/set down by Martino simply because he was Lucretia's son. I think Lucretia killed Fabrizio because supposedly she loved him for years but couldn't have him. Her confession to that murder (as well as her plan to kill Agnese because she was his daughter) was the document that the servant had buried with Lucretia and was subsequently dug up by Andrea. K. is the resident expert on the original series so I'm sure she will be able to explain everything whenever she pops in.

You're right, Fabrizio & Elisa didn't have much of a HEA in their series but they've got one in real life...and a little girl as well!

[image error]

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Thanks. I love this thread. It will answer a lot of questions.

message 35: by Shel (new)

Shel | 11 comments I thought his mother was Elisa. I haven't watched it yet and haven't watched the ending of EDR yet since I think it ends bad.
I also translated an article about the pair, Fabrisio and Elisa and she said something like they are working things out, don't know what that means. He should just marry her since they already have a daughter, then I could finish watching EDR. I think they are a beautiful couple:)

message 36: by Shel (new)

Shel | 11 comments We need someone to explain everything in detail, someone who knows Italian/Spanish.

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2010 04:01PM) (new)

I took 5 years of Spanish(in school... way back) and understood most of what was being said....I really need to watch it again and pay more attention rather than just drooling of Giullio!

message 38: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Heidi wrote: "I took 5 years of Spanish(in school... way back) and understood most of what was being said....I really need to watch it again and pay more attention rather than just drooling of Giullio!"

LMAO. Yup...why I'm on round 2. Thing is...the drooling continues because it can't be helped, but the 2nd time thru you can piece together much more of the story. Like now I see how he was flirting with the Princess at the first ball, so damn he must've been doing her before Agnese arrived.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

WELL YA CAN'T BE THAT DAMN GOOD LOOKING AND NOT BE DOIN' SOMEONE!!! OK, IT MIGHT AS WELL BE ME THEN, I'LL VOLUNTEER!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) I'll race you.

message 41: by KarenH (last edited Feb 17, 2010 09:13AM) (new)

KarenH | 121 comments For those of you that have watched La Figlia di Elisa, check out this picture. They all starred in the series. Can you tell who played who?

[image error]

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I KNOW WHO A FEW OF THMEM ARE. BUT CAN'T ZOOM IN TO REALLY GET A GOOD LOOK.

message 43: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Heidi wrote: "WELL YA CAN'T BE THAT DAMN GOOD LOOKING AND NOT BE DOIN' SOMEONE!!! OK, IT MIGHT AS WELL BE ME THEN, I'LL VOLUNTEER!"

I think the line is forming, ladies.

*runs to the head of the line*
:P

message 44: by KarenH (new)

KarenH | 121 comments Hmmm...I wonder if Agnese would have been so adverse to Captain Loya's advances if she knew what was under that thick moustache and bad haircut...

[image error]

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

MY GOD! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT.....????

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Isn't that the truth. In the movie, I thought he wasn't very hansom but in this picture he looks mighty fine.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, in the movie, I was like "PUKE"...but that picture has me thinking!

message 48: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 144 comments Wow...talk about looking completely different in real life...

Of course, it's next to impossible for me to notice another man when Giulio is around. ;)

message 49: by K. (new)

K. (kodoharty) | 31 comments Heidi wrote: "I watched this entire mini series and it insinuates that something did happen between them, but I like to just think it didn't unless I was her of course, then it would have been fine! LOL

If y..."

Heidi: The Princess and Andrea had some kind of "relationship" BEFORE he met Agnese (not sure if it was a consumated relationship - but it alludes to it - it's just never "stated"). But no, nothing "happened" between Andrea and the Princess during Andrea and Agnese's separation. Andrea went for a booty call because he wanted to forget Agnese, but both of them realized he couldn't get over her. When the Princess finds him in the wine cellar drunk, he asks her to drink with him. Although she is in love with Andrea, she has enough self-respect to not chase him (she even later goes to Agnese and tells Agnese that nothing happened between them and that Agnese is the only woman Andrea wants). She says to Andrea that she knows he's still totally in love with Agnese. He tells her that one can't help whom one falls in love with (basically).

So you can ALL sigh with relief - Andrea never cheats on Agnese! :)
K.

message 50: by K. (last edited Feb 21, 2010 11:34AM) (new)

K. (kodoharty) | 31 comments KarenH wrote: "I'm watching it now for the second time. K says Andrea slept with the princess when he and Agnese were apart but, like you, I'm trying to convince myself they didn't. At times like this it would've..."

K2: We must have gotten our wires crossed on this one. I meant that I believed they slept together at some point PRIOR to his meeting Agnese . . . not during their separation. (EEEK - No, that would have been a disaster!! ;)

BTW -- Thanks for pointing me to this thread K!!!! I can't believe you left ME out of this loop for SO MANY days! *sob* What a WONDERFUL idea. We can all gush our hearts out with one another over this man and this series!

I'm a bit nuts over Fabrezio as well now that I've watched the Elisa de Rivombrosa series. He's got the most wonderful "bedroom" eyes, and he's VERY macho . . . just couldn't help falling for him!
K.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7