The Gateroom discussion

Stargate SG1 Books > SG1 #12 - Do No Harm

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (last edited Feb 12, 2010 07:23AM) (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
DIscussion thread for Stargate SG1 - #12 - Do No Harm
Stargate SG-1: Do No Harm
Stargate SG-1 Do No Harm (SG1, #13) by Karen Miller

What did you think of the plot? Characters? Writing? Any favorite dialogue/scenes? Share your thoughts and comments below!

message 2: by Anastasia (new)

Finished reading the book a while ago. Not bad over all, but Daniel and Jack seemed to be arguing in every conversation they have, which I felt was way overboard. The author made it look like these two can't have a conversation without getting into a verbal or shouting match.

message 3: by Bjorn-The Last Viking (last edited Dec 27, 2010 08:09AM) (new)

Bjorn-The Last Viking hmmm, I dont like it when they do that with any book. Even though I haven't read any stargate book. :D

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments I am currently reading The Barque of Heaven (#11 - so Do no Harm will be next). There is no arguing at all; they are very concerned for one another so far.

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

there's a thread for The Barque of Heaven in here (as well as for all the other books), feel free to post your thoughts in http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2... but beware, last line is spoiler-y. (sort of gives away the ending) So might want to read the book first, then head to the thread.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments Ok. They are just up to gate six now so I have a fair bit to read yet.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was longer than most SG-1 books but it needed to be to properly tell the story. It was nice to see Janet get a large role as she raced to save the lives of the team. Interesting to see how they worked to incorporate Daniel's appendectomy into the story, since it took place in the timeline just before Michael Shanks missed a TV episode due to the same problem.