Stephen King Fans discussion

Danse Macabre
This topic is about Danse Macabre
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) I haven't read this one but I just got word through the SK newsletter that Danse Macabre will be reprinted in paperback this month. More info here: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/edi...

Sorry if this is a repeat thread. I couldn't find one for the book.

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Oh well that figures! LOL I just got a used copy from PBS not long ago.

message 3: by Bonita (new) - added it

Bonita (NMBonita) Yeah, I just read that too, Susanna. Dang. If I knew there would be a reprinting with a new 2010 foreward by King, I wouldn't have ordered Danse Macabre two weeks ago...

message 4: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1099 comments Mod
Awesome deal. My collection had a big hole in it since I lost my old copy.....

message 5: by Apokripos (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) | 54 comments I've got the same email saying that Danse Macabre will be reprinted by Simon & Schuster.

I'm wondering when will it come to the Philippines?

Time to save some money now...

I wish it would be in the hardcover format...

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I haven't read this yet. I plan to though....eventually. :)

Nilofer (nilofers) | 83 comments I've been reading this for the last couple of weeks, off and on, and am finding it hard going :( - anyone else finding it tough to keep going?

message 8: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

I just picked up the new edition yesterday:

Danse Macabre by Stephen King

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments I now have 3 editions of this book. lol. Each with a new Intro. I'm such a geek! lol

Andrea (serialreader13) Emily wrote: "I wish he would do a whole new version of Danse Macabre, with updates for the last... 25 years? Thereabouts? I love the book, and I know On Writing sorta-kinda offered similar things, but I'd still..."

I'm currently reading this book. Since I was born in the 90s I haven't seen many of the movies he discusses or read many of the books he discusses. I agree that he should do a new version, I love points he makes and discusses in the book.

message 11: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin I love Danse Macabre!

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) Andrea wrote: "Emily wrote: "I wish he would do a whole new version of Danse Macabre, with updates for the last... 25 years? Thereabouts? I love the book, and I know On Writing sorta-kinda offered similar things,..."

Rather than a new version I think another volume would be in order.

Rachel | 701 comments Amanda wrote: "Andrea wrote: "Emily wrote: "I wish he would do a whole new version of Danse Macabre, with updates for the last... 25 years? Thereabouts? I love the book, and I know On Writing sorta-kinda offered ..."

I agree Amanda, although not sure he'd have a book's worth of info to do a second volume. A new list would be cool.

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) I think this one would focus on the years he's actually been writing. Danse came out pretty early in his writing career really.

message 15: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Yeah, it did come out fairly early, Amanda...

message 16: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Dustin wrote: "Yeah, it did come out fairly early, Amanda..."

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Dreamcatcher.

message 17: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Chris wrote: "Dustin wrote: "Yeah, it did come out fairly early, Amanda..."

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Dreamcatcher."

Why would you think that?

message 18: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Oh, just some shit-weasel humor, I ken.....or an attempt at one, say true.

message 19: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Oh, from Dreamcatcher. I get it!

message 20: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - added it

Hopefully not literally. Hehe. Painful.

message 21: by Gwen (new)

Gwen I'm currently reading this - the newest edition. I love what he writes about Blair Witch and, even though I didn't like it when I first watched it, it's now on the top of my Netflix queue to try again.

I wish he had a column in some magazine where he could review all of the current horror movies. I'd love to know what he thinks about some of them!

message 22: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Well, Uncle Stevie used to have a column(s) in Entertainment Weekly..

message 23: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Anyway, I hadn't realized that there's an updated version of Danse Macabre..

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 69 comments I didnt know that either. I should get it - a lot has happened in 20 years or whatever since original

Jennifer (andelana) As far as I'm aware, the book itself isn't an update - just has an extra bit. From the Wikipedia site: "It was republished on February 23, 2010 with an additional new essay entitled 'What's Scary'."

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 69 comments well THAT probably isnt enought to make me get it. LOL

message 27: by Gwen (new)

Gwen Thanks for clarifying, Jennifer - it is just a new introduction, not a revision of the entire text!

Jennifer (andelana) Nope. Pity, though! I'd love for him to do another volume to cover the last 30 years! :)

message 29: by Gwen (new)

Gwen Jennifer wrote: "Nope. Pity, though! I'd love for him to do another volume to cover the last 30 years! :)"

I completely agree!

message 30: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Thank you, Jennifer.:)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.