Biographies & Memoirs of Other Generations discussion

Specific Books > I'm Reading...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gabriele (new)

Gabriele Wills (muskoka) | 36 comments Mod
Let us know which book you are reading or have just read and would like to discuss.

message 3: by Gabriele (new)

Please add it to our bookshelf, Melisende!

message 4: by Brigid (new)

Brigid (sillybrigid) | 1 comments I'm digging the Tudor women right now, too. I just read Divorced, Beheaded, Survived: A Feminist Reinterpretation of the Wives of Henry VIII about Henry VIII's wives, Anne Boleyn: A New Life of England's Tragic Queen, and Jane Boleyn: The True Story of the Infamous Lady Rochford. I'm especially on an Anne Boleyn kick lately.

message 5: by Gabriele (new)

Great! More books for our shelf.

message 6: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie I just finished The Orientalist: Solving the Mystery of a Strange and Dangerous Life. It is about the author of Ali and Nino: A Love Story. the first I gave 4 stars to and the second 5 stars. Both concern the meeting between East and West!

message 7: by Gabriele (new)

Did you add it to our bookshelf, Chrissie?

message 8: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Gabriele, yup! Yesterday! I only added the biography.

message 9: by Gabriele (new)

Thanks, Chrissie.

message 10: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie You are so welcome!

message 11: by Chrissie (last edited May 21, 2010 05:21AM) (new)

Chrissie I have just begun Dandelions in the Garden. I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

Gabriele, I will add it to the bookshelf.

message 12: by Gabriele (new)

Thanks, Chrissie!

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan Underwood Chrissie wrote: "I have just begun Dandelions in the Garden. I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

Gabriele, I will add it to the bookshelf."

I am almost done the book and it is very good. Does anyone have any recommendations for other books about Elizabeth Bathory?

message 14: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Megan, tThe author's second book has come out. It is a continuation of the first and is entitledThe Hidden Will of the Dragon. As soon as I have it I will read it. I have a friend called Tara. I think perhaps she has read another book about Elizabeth Bathory. I am not sure. I have found another book about Vlad that I want to read: Vlad: The Last Confession. It looks good doesn't it!

message 15: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie I should add that I have just finishedThe Painted Kiss and here is a link to my review at GR:
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Before that I read Claude & Camille: A Novel of Monet and my link to that review is :
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

The first is about the artist Klimt and the second about Monet. I preferred the Painted Kiss. I adore both artists! that helps.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 7 comments Just read Cleopatra: A Life, and found it very interesting. It stressed how much we don't and can't know, as mostly it's not her version of the story that's been passed down, but the version according to Augustus Caesar.

message 17: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie I am reading Maps and Shadows, about a Polish family that was sent to the Siberian gulags when Russia invaded Poland in the beginning of WW2.