The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes discussion

Sherlock Holmes

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nawaf (new)

Nawaf Hi every body.
I've been reading 20 pages of this book,and I didn't get any idea yet. But I think I am going to know more soon, and I will tell you when I understand any thing.
Bytheway did any of you read any book and he want to advice it to me, becuse I think I might be change this book?

message 2: by Shaista (new) - added it

Shaista Its a very long illustration....I got bored reading it

Zulfiya Well, I loooove the character - he is an atypical sleuth - lazy, extremely smart, smug, and always right. He is also a drug addict and an eternal loner.

A very unusual character, and enticing and an intriguing plot - these are the best ingredients for a successful book.

message 4: by Mihaela Diana (new)

Mihaela Diana Ciocan Read Sherlock Holmes! It's impossible for you not to love him!

Aethelberga For a borderline sociopath, Holmes is very endearing.

message 6: by Mihaela Diana (new)

Mihaela Diana Ciocan It's not so hardly to understand. There are 12 or 13 short stories with the most famous detective. Tell us your opinion. Did you enjoy them?

Melissa Dee Yes!

Andrea Yes! He's really cool.

message 9: by Shane (new)

Shane Dorothy wrote: "It's not so hardly to understand. There are 12 or 13 short stories with the most famous detective. Tell us your opinion. Did you enjoy them?"

I enjoyed them very much. It's nice, as an adult, to finally understand why Holmes is so popular. I just knew he was as a kid, didn't know why.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I read all his stories, the whole way through, and the ending is the best!

message 11: by Mihaela Diana (new)

Mihaela Diana Ciocan I think everybody should read the whole canon ( 64 stories and 4 novels) in order to understand why is this character so good and why he seems so real!

Scott Watson I'm with Dorothy on this, currently reading them (need to go get Hounds...) and it is great compelling reading!

message 13: by Deb (last edited Nov 24, 2011 02:58PM) (new) - added it

Deb Novack I think everybody should read Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie they rock as the kids say

Zekmeister I read 'Adventures of sherlock' Really enjoyed all the stories and mysteries. Gonna hopefully start memoirs soon.

message 15: by Mark (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mark I have read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories several times. I re-read them when I have forgotten enough of the details that I can read them without immediately guessing the endings.

message 16: by Deb (new) - added it

Deb Novack I also reread Sherlock Holmes when I stop remembering the events.

Preeshay Nawaf wrote: "Hi every body.
I've been reading 20 pages of this book...

Hi Nawaf its Paree!
I dont believe it dear that u started reading Sherlock Holmes n u couldn't Get it!!!
LoL!!! give it another try sweet heart read it with perfect calm n ease n then send me ur latest updates about it