Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Writing Challenge > Dangerous Hero Writing Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4110 comments Mod
I'm usually shy, when it comes down to my writing, but slowly, I'm getting rid of my shyness shoes. But, I don't think they will be completely removed.

Facts about me and my writing: I have been writing for fun going on 23 years this year. I don't desire to be published. I don't write like an author. I tend to write in present tense. I'm my own worst critic and I see my writing as being horrible. I don't say that to get praises.

On Danielle's other group, Fans of Interracial. We are doing writing challenges, where participants write about the same theme. I thought that it would be a good idea to do that on here as well.

A writing challenge can be fun. It's not for competition. It's for fun.

Anyone can participate. Aspiring writers, authors and writers that likes to write for fun, like me. Your story is written under one thread per challenge theme.

If a person reads your story and wants to leave you a reply, they can under your story thread. So, there's a chance that your story can be a mixture of story and replies.

I ask that if your story is going to be erotic or same sex story, make that known in your title.

This is how the titles will be written:

Example:

Arch's Dangerous Hero Kidnapping Story: (Title)
or
Arch's DH Kidnapping Story:(Title)

If it's an erotic or same sex story:

Jane Doe's Dangerous Hero or DH Kidnapping Erotic Story: (Title)

Jane Doe's Dangerous Hero or DH Kidnapping Same Sex Story: (Title)

If your story is a regular story, but will have the following in a chapter, please give a warning.
Example: Cussing , violence, one night stand, etc. please put up a warning in the chapter the subject will be discussed in.

Example:

Chapter One or Chapter One, Continue

Warning: Violence
Then your story

Under your story thread, if you want to give us a little introducation about your story you can.

Since I love writing interracial stories, my challenge stories will be interracial stories. For now, my heroine will be black. I am use to writing black women/white men stories, but I will switch up on my hero. I will be writing about best friends black woman/asian guy for my uniform challenge, on the interracial group.

Oh, and my stories are make believe stories. So, if something doesn't seem real in my story, it's because it's not suppose to be real.

Okay, I will shut up now.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish WOW!!!! What a fun idea, Arch! I can't wait to read what people write!

I do some role playing but my input is done in novel format, written like a book would be written. Is that kind of thing ok?

What if a person wants to share their poetry, is that ok?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9694 comments Mod
Sure, why not, Dhestiny! Go for it.

Sign me up, Arch. But I have to finish my Desert King story, first. :)

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "WOW!!!! What a fun idea, Arch! I can't wait to read what people write!

I do some role playing but my input is done in novel format, written like a book would be written. Is that kind of thing ..."

I have a few of my high school poems included in my writings in my profile. But they run on the corny/cheesy side :)

message 5: by Arch (new)

I have to finish Courage first.

I'm a poet as well. I mainly write spiritual poems though.

A poem or two might pop up in my uniform challenge story. Non spiritual though.

One might pop up in my dangerous hero story.

Ladies don't forget to share the theme you all want to write in the themes thread.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9694 comments Mod
I'm not much of a poet. I admire those who have this talent.

message 7: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "WOW!!!! What a fun idea, Arch! I can't wait to read what people write!

I do some role playing but my input is done in novel format, written like a book would be written. Is that kind of thing ok?

What if a person wants to share their poetry, is that ok?"

UniquelyMoi,

I tend to write my stories like a script. So, whatever way you write your story is fine with me. Go for it.

As for poetry. If someone just wants to share poety, then I think a folder for poetry should be created.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thanks, Arch. As I was reading this thread I realized that my role playing part might not fit. It is centered about the BDB world, but it's in parts so it wouldn't seem to really fit in this group.

message 9: by Arch (new)

UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Thanks, Arch. As I was reading this thread I realized that my role playing part might not fit. It is centered about the BDB world, but it's in parts so it wouldn't seem to really fit in this group. "

Oh okay. Maybe you can participate in the next theme challenge, unless you come up with a story soon. :)

message 10: by Arch (new)

Oh, I forgot to mentioned this.

The only thing that the writers must have in common is the challenge theme. The genre can be different.

I like to write contemporary romances.

I know some people like paranormal, historical, etc.

I don't usually read paranormal, but I'll read a member's story.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

has any of you written anything yet ... cant wait to read it

message 12: by Arch (new)

Rachael wrote: "has any of you written anything yet ... cant wait to read it"

No, not yet. We are waiting to see what our theme will be. So far it's Captive/Kidnap.

If the Lord says the same, tomorrow the theme will be announced at 5:30 p.m. or a little after. Then from there participants and start adding their stories.

I want to finish my other story Courage first and then I will be working on my dangerous hero story and my uniform story.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Arch .. can i write a story ??? is it to late otherwise i will write when the next theme is announced :)

message 14: by Arch (last edited Feb 18, 2010 03:01PM) (new)

Rachael wrote: "Arch .. can i write a story ??? is it to late otherwise i will write when the next theme is announced :)"

Rachel, yes you can write a story.

This theme will be going on for a while.

message 15: by K. (last edited Feb 18, 2010 04:46PM) (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Arch wrote: "I'm usually shy, when it comes down to my writing, but slowly, I'm getting rid of my shyness shoes. But, I don't think they will be completely removed.

Facts about me and my writing: I have bee..."

Awesome, I'm gonna try some out! I recently discovered that I like writing as a hobby so, Arch, this is a fabulous way to exercise the creative juices!

Also it's always great to see what idea other folks have =)

message 16: by Arch (last edited Feb 18, 2010 07:44PM) (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "Awesome, I'm gonna try some out! I recently discovered that I like writing as a hobby so, Arch, this is a fabulous way to exercise the creative juices!

Also it's always great to see what idea other folks have =)"

Write away Kristin.

I'm always trying to get members to write. I like reading other people work.

So feel free to start a thread for your captive or kidnap story.

I'm glad to see so many people participating!

message 18: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'm glad to see so many people participating!"

Me too.

message 19: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "WOW!!!! What a fun idea, Arch! I can't wait to read what people write!

I do some role playing but my input is done in novel format, written like a book would be written. Is that kind of thing ..."

How is everyone coming with their writing? I would love to know =)

I'm a bit nervous about releasing mine when it's finished.

message 20: by Arch (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote:"How is everyone coming with their writing? I would love to know =)

I'm a bit nervous about releasing mine when it's finished."

Kristin, I know how it can be to feel nervous about sharing your work.

I haven't started my story yet. Well, let me say, I haven't started typing my story yet, because I do like 99% of my writing in my head and I have jumped scenes already in my head.

I've shared a little of my story in a prologue, under my thread.

If everything goes right, I might have some of part one posted by Saturday.

Are you writing your whole story and then posting it? If so, I guess that's okay. We usually post as we write.

You don't have to share your writing with us, if you are nervous. You can just be a reader, if you like.

message 21: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Arch wrote: "Kristin "maddywoo" wrote:"How is everyone coming with their writing? I would love to know =)

I'm a bit nervous about releasing mine when it's finished."

Kristin, I know how it can be to feel ..."

Ooh, nooo. I use to think that finishing then posting was good but then I learned its not so hot. I'm still working on my first chapter, to make sure everything in order.

No, I want to share. I spend so much time being inspire, it would be good to just do, right? Plus, I love to hear what people think about my ideas

message 22: by Arch (new)

Kristin "maddywoo" wrote: "Arch wrote: "Kristin "maddywoo" wrote:"Ooh, nooo. I use to think that finishing then posting was good but then I learned its not so hot. I'm still working on my first chapter, to make sure everything in order.

No, I want to share. I spend so much time being inspire, it would be good to just do, right? Plus, I love to hear what people think about my ideas"

Okay Kristin, post, when you are ready.

I haven't started mine yet. I probably will soon, since I have my vacation starting the next week.

message 24: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I haven't started mine yet. I probably will soon, since I have my vacation starting the next week."

Lucky you. I'm aiming for a vacation for later in March or April.

message 25: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I haven't started mine yet. I probably will soon, since I have my vacation starting the next week."

Lady D, I'm so excited to hear you're writing as well! That's a smart idea

I'm so excited to have some time off. It's been a long year since my last one.

I will do my best to write something decent, Kristin.

message 27: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'm so excited to have some time off. It's been a long year since my last one.

I will do my best to write something decent, Kristin."

What do you mean decent, Danielle?

You will do a great job.

message 28: by K. (new)

K.  (maddywoo) | 44 comments Arch wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'm so excited to have some time off. It's been a long year since my last one.

I will do my best to write something decent, Kristin."

What do you mean dec..."

Ditto!

Like you, I am a terrible critic of myself. I don't think I'm that creative, storywise. We shall see.

message 30: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Like you, I am a terrible critic of myself. I don't think I'm that creative, storywise. We shall see."

if I can do it then most certainly can you!

message 31: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Like you, I am a terrible critic of myself. I don't think I'm that creative, storywise. We shall see."

Yes, we are our own worst critic.

You are a good storyteller. You write like an author.

I'm going to throw some words together and hope they make sense.

I appreciate the encouragement, Pamela.

Thanks, Arch, for saying that. I like to tell stories. Arch, I love reading your writing, as you know.

message 33: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I appreciate the encouragement, Pamela.

Thanks, Arch, for saying that. I like to tell stories. Arch, I love reading your writing, as you know."

I know Danielle. :)

I hope Trespassing is to your liking.

I know it will be. :)

message 35: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I know it will be. :)"

:)

message 36: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

this might help when needing descriptions on eyes...
scroll down there are other pages too
http://www.obsidianbookshelf.com/html...

Great page, Pamela. I bookmarked it.

I think our next challenge should be 'stranded with a dangerous hero.' How about we start this one in June?

message 39: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think our next challenge should be 'stranded with a dangerous hero.' How about we start this one in June?"

I'm down with that storyline.

We need writers.

message 40: by Arch (last edited Mar 18, 2010 10:22AM) (new)

lol, a title just came to me. The Caveman

Danielle, don't get my writing mind, writing a story. I need to finish Trespassing first. And get to The Agent.

Sorry! It occurred to me that would be a cool challenge. June is quite far away. :)

message 42: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Sorry! It occurred to me that would be a cool challenge. June is quite far away. :)"

So, we aren't taking a vote. That will be the challenge theme.

I hope we get more writers. I might sit out on that theme and sit back and enjoy everyone else's story.

We can vote on it. I'm not trying to make it dictatorship here. You're going to sit out a theme? Some friend you are. :)

message 44: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "We can vote on it. I'm not trying to make it dictatorship here. You're going to sit out a theme? Some friend you are. :)"

I like that theme Danielle. But, we can wait to see what the other writers want to do.

Okay, I'll write.

Oh, what should I write about? What can my mind come up with about the hero and heroine being stranded on a dessert island?

My hero's name just came to me.

We can put it to a vote. I bet your hero has an interesting name. I think my hero will be a dangerous nerd. Maybe a reforming super-villain or something?

message 46: by Arch (last edited Mar 18, 2010 11:16AM) (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "We can put it to a vote. I bet your hero has an interesting name. I think my hero will be a dangerous nerd. Maybe a reforming super-villain or something?"

Okay, why isn't June here already. You are going to be writing about a nerd?

You know that I like nerds.

My hero's name is going to be Tokyo.

I don't have a last name yet. Just a first name came to me.

I think he will be a nerdy supervillain. :) I love that name Tokyo. :)

message 48: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think he will be a nerdy supervillain. :) I love that name Tokyo. :)"

Thanks about my hero's name.

Now as for your hero being a nerdy supervillain, go for it.

Nerds are hot!

Yes, they are!

message 50: by Arch (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Yes, they are!"

So, when June comes, have those pages smoking. :)

« previous 1