The Random Person's Book Club discussion

Alan Rickman ((not books, but still!))

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Leah | 13 comments Mod
A place to talk about Alan Rickman movies and him!

message 2: by Jimmy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Jimmy L. | 1 comments I saw Snow Cake (one of his latest movies)...it was okay.

message 3: by Sam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:06AM) (new)

Sam | 3 comments I think Alan Rickman could write a book... He should... I would read it...

message 4: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:07AM) (new)

Leah | 13 comments Mod
He edited a play! ^_^

message 5: by Alexis (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Alexis | 1 comments I had a patron ask if she could have our library's Alan Rickman READ poster--her sister is in love with the man! However, I had to refer her to the ALA website. If you haven't seen the poster it has him holding "The Catcher in the Rye". I am not an Alan Rickman-o-phile but I do enjoy his acting...

message 6: by Michelle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Michelle (literarilyspeaking1) I watch him morph every single time he steps on-screen.

Watching him in movies like Dogma and the Harry Potter series back-to-back (which I did) is a VERY disarming experience...

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori (tnbbc) Ok, i may sound a little silly here, but based on the two movies Michelle named, is that the hot gothy british guy that plays Snape?

message 8: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimechm) Sooo awesome that you posted this...Alan Rickman is the actor who plays Professor Snape!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yes, Lori, he is Snape. He was great in Sweeney Todd too. Interesting to see him singing. But Judge Turpin, like Snape, is a perfect role for him.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Oh, gawd! I love Alan!!! Perfume, Sweeney Todd, Dogma, the Harry Potter series.... He is fantastic. I looked up the poster [which can be found here: http://www.alastore.ala.org/SiteSolut...] you mentioned, Alexis, and had to refrain from squealing.