J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Intro to the series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inky (new)

Inky | 5 comments My favorite parts of NiD are the coffee, the cat and the singularly touching bit about the button. But it's the developing relationship between Eve and Roarke that hooked me and keep me going back for the latest installments of the In Death series. Both of them are damaged people who have to overcome their difficult pasts to come together.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments In Naked in Death, I like the whole thing, but for the comic part, I adore the scene when Mavis is in her apartment when Eve gets the coffee. Mavis is astounded that Even knows him and Eve's reply about the having his love child is great!!! Mavis is a great character!!

message 3: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments What a great plot this book has, and the idea of great coffee being scarce is really sad in some ways, but it's a great part of the characterization of Eve and Roarke and a perfect catalyst for their relationship. Of course, Roarke could probably be the catalyst just by being Roarke. I loved it when Feeny slapped Roarke up against the wall, great stuff!!