The Random Person's Book Club discussion

1 view
JK Rowling

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Leah | 13 comments Mod
A place to talk about JK Rowling books! ((SNAPE'S NOT EVIL!))

message 2: by Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Joseph-Daniel Peter Paul Abondius (bookaholic203) I am amazed oh how she became so successful in such a short time. How anyone can go from poverty to riches amazes me. I wonder if she will write another series

Joe

message 3: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:02AM) (new)

Leah | 13 comments Mod
I hope she does. I cannot wait for Deathly Hallows! I aspire to be like her in my wrting career! ^_^

message 4: by Heidi (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Heidi Leah, I hope you don't make the same mistake in your writing of thinking that more is always better. I'm definitely a Harry Potter fan, but I'm disappointed by how flabby the books keep getting. The first one was incredible--tight and carefully crafted. But each book is increasingly longer, with too much filler. I guess they figure the books will sell even if they aren't edited very well, so why bother? She's not the only author who does this, so maybe it's just a side-effect of huge success.

Like I said, I'm still a fan, and I plan to buy the book early and see the movies, but I just wish the whole series was as well done as the first book.

message 5: by Alien (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Alien  Citizen | 1 comments I agree wholeheartedly, Leah! Snape is not evil. In fact, I think that Albus boy told Snape to kill him so that Moldy Voldy would trust Snape again. Snape, in the end, will contribute in the destruction of the evil bastard.

Anyone else disappointed in the visual representation of Voldemort in the latest movie? He just looks like some kind of pitiful Star Trek alien or something...not evil, just sad. I didn't find him scary in the least and he is supposed to be terrifying. The Voldemort from the first movie was better.

message 6: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Leah | 13 comments Mod
Don't worry! I don't really plan on making 7 book series. More like trilogies or novels and MAYBE sequels!

message 7: by Leah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:29AM) (new)

Leah | 13 comments Mod
Yea, Voldy isn't very scary.... oh well!

message 8: by Sallie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Sallie | 1 comments Voldemort may not look scary in the movies, but Ralph Fiennes can play scary. I didn't like the Red Dragon movie overall, but Fiennes' character was way creepy! Same type of serial killerish character