Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > New and need help merging

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (bratty) | 13 comments I'm new to this and want to make sure I don't screw up anything so I'm hoping someone can help me. I was looking at The Ten-Cent Plague: The Great Comic-Book Scare and How It Changed America by David Hajdu and realized that there were multiple listings of the book, some credited to Hajdu and others to the misspelling of Hadju. I think I've successfully corrected that and combined it all under the correct spelling. But there is one copy of the book listed with an ISBN of 0000000000. Obviously that isn't correct and I think it should be merged into the real listing and deleted but I'm not 100% certain how to do that. Anyone wanna help a noob?

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (bratty) | 13 comments Now I wonder if I did something wrong. When I search for "ten-cent plague," nothing comes up. When I search for "David Hajdu," it says showing results 1-6 of 7 and lists all his books except Ten-Cent Plague. When I click his name to go to his author page, Ten-Cent Plague is still listed and I can access it that way. Why isn't it coming up in title or author searches? What did I do wrong and how do I avoid doing it again?

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44178 comments Mod
It doesn't look like you did anything wrong. :) Searching issues with recently merged books are a known bug that is (I believe) something GR is working on.

Welcome! :)

message 4: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (bratty) | 13 comments Cool. Thank you.