Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Combine Editions is Missing Books

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For (last edited Apr 27, 2008 06:24PM) (new)

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments I'm looking at the combine editions page for Chuck Palahniuk and it is completely missing one of his books called Choke. The book is in the database, under his name, with 20 editions but is being left out of the combine editions page. These books/editions were there when I first started combining editions but disappeared when I deleted a poster and haven't shown up again. I can't tell if this is a temporary error or more permanent, but thought you should be warned, because I hadn't seen this sort of disappearance before.

message 2: by Otis, Chief Architect (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Fixed - not sure how that happened, but thanks.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Thanks. I sort of wondered whether this could have been related to the search issue which has been discussed in other threads where certain common books seem to disappear from search results for days (to weeks?).

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2413 comments Those temporarily disappearing books seem to be books that have had editions deleted by super librarians. At least that's what it looks like to me.

message 5: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 565 comments Same type of issue, but different reason.

I've noticed a couple of times now that when there is a multi-author, you can only find the book in Combine Editions under the first listed author's name. For the other X number of authors, the book will show up in their profile, but not in Combine.

Is it supposed to be like that, or is this a bug?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44215 comments Mod
It's supposed to be like that.

If there is a book which has different editions with the authors listed in a different order, you'll have to fix that before you can combine all of them.