Egyptian Realms discussion

Introductions...

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

Lynn (camillalynnauthor) | 22 comments Mod
Come introduce yourself and let us know about you!

Since I'm here, I'll go first. :)

My name is Lynn, and I enjoy everything Egyptian. My collection of non-fiction books include Heiroglyphic dictionaries, mythology, controversial theories, and books about Atlantis. My favorite pharaoh is Khufu, builder of the Great Pyramid. I'm currently working on the graphic novel script, "Ra's Warrior". With any luck, it'll be finished by the end of next year.

Other than that, there isn't much more to tell.
Ankh! Udja! Seneb!
(Life! Health! Prosperity!)
Lynn

message 2: by Marci (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Marci (bookjunkie71) | 5 comments it's nice to find other people with the same interests that i have. i too am a fan of ancient egypt. i am always looking to learn more. I have recently subscribed to Archeology magazine...it has alot of great discoveries and good articles! my favorite pharaoh is cleopatra (the last and most impressive!) and also i am interested in akenatan( ispelled that wrong sorry ) is your book fiction? and what is your opinion on the warlock series listed in this group? i am interested in reading these books possibly if worth it!

message 3: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:58PM) (new)

Hi Marcy & welcome,

I really enjoyed the Warlock books. They were a little heavy on the $10 words, but well worth the read. The plot was good & that's really what I look for in a good story. Another good magazine is KMT, which is strictly Egyptian archeaology. I believe it is published once every 2 months. Archeaology magazine is a great mag too.

I also like Cleopatra's era, because it was an interesting time to be alive. Akhenaten (you were close), is ok too, but not nearly as interesting to me. Sorry it's such a slow starting board, but hopefully we can get it rolling along nicely.

My book,"Ra's Warrior" is fiction, more specifically, it's a mix of Fantasy, mythology, controversial theory, time-travel, romance, & action/adventure rolled into one epic story. Just after my first post though, I stopped working on the prose revisions. Funny story about that too. I've always seen my story as anime type book. A few days after opening this board and posting my comment, I was surprised by an email I received from a woman looking for her cousin. It came to be that she was looking for me! After 15 years, I've been reunited with my cousin who now lives in N.C. She found me on a writer's website and took a chance that she wasn't writing a stranger. To make a long story short, we got to talking about books & the things we like, & how she likes comic books. She told me she just graduated from Graphic Design school & would love to do freelance work. The next day, we talked again and it somehow led to us to the conclusion that we should turn "Ra's Warrior" into a graphic novel, which for me was an exciting & perfect match.

Since then we've both been working hard on it. She has done several character sketches, of which we just agreed on the MC's sketch. I've pounded out about 92 pages of script so far and, after the holidays, we're going to see how long it takes her to draw an average of 50 or so pages so we can start setting deadlines for ourselves. With any luck, I'll be posting a board message in the next 4 months as to where Part 1 can be found & read. Webcomics are a great way to test the water to see if we can get a nice following built up before we send the story off to a publisher. We may go POD, but that has yet to be decided.

I do have the first 5 chapters posted in my writing here if you'd like to read it. Again, let me say that it's really nice meeting you and I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about. :-)

Brightest blessings!
Ankh! Udja! Seneb!
Lynn

message 4: by Marci (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Marci (bookjunkie71) | 5 comments i am 100 pgs into river god, so far so good! yes when i get a chance i'd love to read your chapters! i recommended a book earlier "Memoirs of Cleopatra" by margaret George...its a great book ,again a lil detaily but i loved it!it was a great add to my collection!if you have'nt read it yet you might want to check it out

message 5: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Glad you like it. It gets better. :-D. Some of my chapters are posted here if you don't want to wait for the graphic novel version. I think you can read my posted writing here.
I'll certainly check out "Memoirs", time allowing.
Ankh! Udja! Seneb!

message 6: by Libbie (new)

Libbie | 1 comments Hi, all! I'm so glad I found this group. I love Egyptian fiction, and there just isn't enough of it out there. So I wrote some of my own. My first novel is represented by an excellent literary agent and has just gone on submission to editors at major publishing houses. I'm hoping for a sale soon! My novel takes place during the 18th Dynasty, and is about the life of a young Queen Ahmose, who eventually becomes the mother of Hatshepsut, of course. :) I'm working on two more novels set in the 18th Dynasty and have ideas for lots more!

I love reading Judith Tarr's books -- her writing style is gorgeous. I also have enjoyed Pauline Gedge's books. Michelle Moran's were fun, quick reads (actually I did the audio version of both her first books on commutes...haven't read/listened to Cleopatra's Daughter yet.) Haven't read Margaret George yet, but she's on my list of stuff to get to! I'm currently reading Colleen McCullough's The October Horse and so far loving it!

Nice to meet some fellow Egyptophiles. :)

message 7: by William (new)

William | 1 comments My name is William and I joined a month or so ago. Even though my primary interest in ancient near eastern and anatolian languages, I have a good collection of Egyptian titles; however, you will not find any novels as I do not read novels. Browse my shelves and explore my ancient library.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine (schokti) Hello everyone! My name is Christine, and I have just discovered Goodreads and therefore this group. I am a big fan of Pauline Gedge who has just started me on this journey of historical novels, and have always loved anything with an egyptian bent. I'm looking forward to future discussions!

message 9: by Abdelrahman (new)

Abdelrahman Seddik (craftyfox) | 1 comments hi every one i am Abdo from egypt 20 years
and nice to join this group

message 10: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) (lmironside) | 16 comments Hello again, everybody! I last commented here way back in May 2010 (under my real name, not my pen name) to say that my book had gone on submission to major publishers. After about a year an a half of working with my agent to get it traditionally published, I decided to self-publish it instead. I chose to go this route because, although editors seemed to genuinely like the book, all of them seemed more enthusiastic about actually publishing it if I'd rewrite it as a young adult novel.

I'm not the kind to spurn criticism and I eagerly accept the advice of book pros, but after much thought, I decided that changing my novel to a YA book would make it...not MINE. It would be somebody else's book, not the one I had written. So once I'd received similar feedback from all the imprints I thought were worth submitting to, I struck out on my own instead...with this book, anyway! I'm still working on more novels that I hope to publish the old-fashioned way. :)

My historical novel, The Sekhmet Bed, is now available to readers as an ebook in all formats, and the print version is coming soon. The novel follows the life of Queen Ahmose, mother of Hatshepsut. Reader reviews are starting to come in and they have been largely positive. I'm giving away free ebook copies through the end of November, and you can find more info about that on the blog on my author page. I hope you'll check it out!

I do hope nobody thinks I've only joined this group to promote my book. That's definitely not the case! I've always enjoyed the communities on Goodreads and I am really looking forward to getting into some fun discussions about ancient Egypt, one of my obsessions since I was a little kid! :)

Thanks, and if you read my book I hope you'll offer your honest review. I appreciate it!

message 11: by Bjorn (new)

Bjorn Street (bjornstreet) | 3 comments Hi. I'm a new author writing a book "SECRET OF THE MUMMY", with a planned release toward the end of the summer. The book is set in ancient Egypt circa 1500 BC, during the era of Queen Hatshepsut. It is an epic adventure/mystery/romance. Please check out the promo video, book cover and illustrations on my profile. I have everything ready except THE FINISHED BOOK! (:

It's great to find a group that focuses on ancient Egypt!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, all. I saw this group and decided to join.

@Anna - your cover is very nice. (I saw it a month ago and was impressed)

I'm off to make a recommendation or two...

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Anderson | 1 comments I have always been fascinated by ancient Egypt and am always on the lookout for good reads on the topic.

message 14: by Inge (last edited Oct 31, 2012 04:32PM) (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 10 comments Hello Everyone,

First, I hope that all of our colleagues and friends are safe after the horrendous days of "Sandy."

I have been trailing Diana and Lavender from another history group and think, actually hope, that this one here is more suited to our fascination with all things Egyptian.

message 15: by Lester (last edited Feb 09, 2013 01:30PM) (new)

Lester Picker | 12 comments Hi back to all of you! It's so interesting reading about people's interests in ancient Egypt.

I am an author of two novels about Ancient Egypt and am now writing the third novel in The First Dynasty Series. My first novel, The First Pharaoh, follows the life of King Narmer (also known as Menes). Narmer was the first King to unite Upper and Lower Egypt under one dynasty. My second novel, The Dagger of Isis, is about Narmer's great granddaughter, Meryt-Neith, who ruled Egypt for 17 years. In both books we follow the wars the Kings fought, their loves and rivalries and the many challenges to their rule. Both have received very favorable reviews on Amazon.

I became interested in ancient Egypt because my father took me to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC when I was a child at least several times a year. As an adult I consulted tot he Egyptian government and was fortunate to be able to travel there several times. I also lived with a Bedouin tribe in Egypt's Eastern Desert to better learn about the environment.

The more I researched, the more fascinated I became with how this whole dynastic tradition ever started, and that lead to this series.

I'm truly not here to plug my books as much as to learn and share, but how can I introduce myself without revealing my passion? Hope you folks understand. BTW, I am listed as a Goodreads author and would love to have any of you who are interested as friends on my page.

Best wishes to you all for a wonderful 2013!

Les

Lester Picker
The First Pharaoh
The Dagger of Isis

message 16: by Debra Giuffrida (new)

Debra Giuffrida | 13 comments Hello! It seems that there are lovers of Ancient Egypt here at Goodreads, we are just not that outspoken. Be that as it may, I too am an Ancient Egyptophile and am writing my own series of books placed in what has come to be called the Amarna era. I had the good fortune, as a young girl, to have an aunt who studied under Dr. Howard Carter, famous for discovering the undisturbed tomb of the Pharaoh Tutankhamon. She gifted me with a small reproduction bust of Nefertiti and helped me pronounce all the names and I was off and running.
Several of you have mentioned your books and I would love to offer my services as a beta reader. My knowledge of all things Ancient is extensive though my grammar and spelling skills are weak I feel that what I do bring to the table is worth their weight in gold.
Now as to books that are good to read might I suggest Lavenders book The Sekhmet Bed, it is now available as an ebook on Amazon and it is a wonderful read. Those of you that like a little mystery with your HF should read Lauren Haney's Lt. Bak series of books. They are rich in accurate detail and the mystery end of the story is enjoyable.
I am currently setting up an author page here on Goodreads but until then if you would like to check out my work you can visit my blog: http://reluctantauthor.blogspot.com/
Em Hotep!
Deb

message 17: by Lester (new)

Lester Picker | 12 comments Debra wrote: "Hello! It seems that there are lovers of Ancient Egypt here at Goodreads, we are just not that outspoken. Be that as it may, I too am an Ancient Egyptophile and am writing my own series of books pl..."

Howard Carter! Wow! Great link to Egyptology. I was also fortunate to have three wonderful Egyptologists as my mentors for my books. It can make such a difference.

Best of luck with your work!

Les
Lester Picker

Author of THE FIRST PHARAOH and THE DAGGER OF ISIS

message 18: by Inge (last edited Jan 12, 2013 10:08AM) (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 10 comments Finally! Signs of new life around here...it would be great if we could get this "ancient" group going again.

Les, I am very interested that you, too, chose the First Dynasty...I am a king behind you with Aha (as you are aware, the added title of "pharaoh" only went into usage during the fourth dynasty).

I'll check out your titles--there are other excellent writers around here in this genre--but we have all been a bit sleepy.

Regards,
Inge

message 19: by Lester (new)

Lester Picker | 12 comments Inge wrote: "Finally! Signs of new life around here...it would be great if we could get this "ancient" group going again.

Les, I am very interested that you, too, chose the First Dynasty...I am a king behind y..."

Hi back to you, Inge! How wonderful to find out about your book about Aha. I just ordered Khamsin and can't wait to read it. I also hope that this group becomes active.

Of course, Aha plays a role in my first novel in the series, THE FIRST PHARAOH.

Best wishes to you in 2013 and I look forward to our continued conversations.

Les

message 20: by Inge (last edited Jan 12, 2013 12:33PM) (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 10 comments Lester wrote: "I just ordered Khamsin and can't wait to read it. I also hope that this group becomes active."

This is a great new start! I hope we can get Lavender and Diana back on track; they are always up for a spirited and informed discussion.

I do hope you'll enjoy Khamsin! The Historical Novel Reviewer hopes that I will soon add a "real" sequel (actually, I am thinking about a prequel)...I guess, he won't accept Sirocco as HF--which it really is not.

Thanks, Les, for your support...

Inge

message 21: by Debra Giuffrida (new)

Debra Giuffrida | 13 comments Lester wrote: "I was also fortunate to have three wonderful Egyptologists as my mentors for my books."

Who were your mentors? Are you familiar with the forum Egyptian Dreams? There are plenty of hot discussions going on there.

Inge mentioned getting Lavender back into the thick of things...well you all know she is polishing her second book The Crook and the Flail...it is the second in her series about the beginning of the Tuthmosoid line.

Em Hotep!

message 22: by Lester (new)

Lester Picker | 12 comments Toby Wilkinson at Cambridge was my main mentor; Gunther Dryer of the German Archaeological Institute was another; and Renee Friedman was also helpful. That was in addition to the many others who helped with specific details. I also visited several of the early dynastic sites and spent time living with a Bedouin tribe in the Eastern Desert to learn about the deep desert and survival issues. Loads of fun.

In terms of Egyptian Dreams, I was on that site a few times and found a lot of the discussion to be very emotional and/or way out. Am I wrong? Should I go back and try again? Would love your opinions on its strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks, Inge.

message 23: by Inge (last edited Jan 13, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 10 comments Lester wrote: "Toby Wilkinson at Cambridge was my main mentor; Gunther Dryer of the German Archaeological Institute was another; and Renee Friedman was also helpful. That was in addition to the many others who he..."

Lester,
I almost want to sink into the sand just reading about your actual experiences in and around Egypt--and meeting the energetic--to say the least--Zahi Hawass himself (how did I ever even dare to tackle such a subject with the meager research at my disposal at a time sans Internet when every subsequent professional publication disputed the findings of the last!).

Just read the "Look Inside" of your Isis.The Dagger of Isis
You know when you go back to the town you grew up in--some landmarks are familiar but then you realize it's a couple of generations later? That's how I felt; it was great...love your writing style as it draws you into the lives of your protagonists.

Now I am inspired again...as I told Diana in the other discussion thread (by the way, she did the windswept lettering on Sirocco and designed the cover for Khamsin after I greatly admired her own book covers Pharaoh's Son), I must find myself another wind--what is there after Khamsin and Sirocco? Suggestions anyone? I could use a hurricane- tradewind around South America! WIP = "Southern Trades," but I feel it's a bit lame--although there is more trading going on than just a good blow.

Debra--I hadn't heard of the "Egyptian Dreams" forum--thanks for mentioning it and also letting us know that Lavender is furiously polishing her next book...

Inge

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 21, 2013 08:12PM) (new)

Diana here. I caught the echo of Inge's voice...

Read Lavender's blog. She has a lot about it, always enjoyable.

I handle the Ramesside period, though I've had some thoughts of a Middle Kingdom story.

Eh. Time is short.

I've been polishing Mourningtide preparatory to an edit. It was scheduled to come out in March, but I have to push it back. Sample chapters are on my website.

Inge - can you do something with the Mistral?

message 25: by Inge (new)

Inge Borg (goodreadscominge_h_borg) | 10 comments Would have loved Mistral and stay in the Med with the story.

However, too much title-competition. I already ran into that with Khamsin and Sirocco (old Humphrey Bogart film for the latter)...So, I decided to sail the trade winds to South America (what does this have to do with Egyptian artifacts? Well, they are traded all over the world...hence, the double-entendre "Southern Trades" has become my WIP title for book three of the Legends of the Winged Scarab...we'll see how that goes.

Great suggestion though, Diana...glad your 'Kadesh' is coming closer into being.

message 26: by S.K. (new)

S.K. (skwhiteside) | 1 comments HI ALL! My name is S.K. Whiteside and I am a Mythic Fiction author of Contemporary Urban and Historical Fantasy. My bio can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/S.K.-Whiteside/...

I wanted to bring to your attention my debut full length novel titled "Inheritance: World of the Guardian". It is published through powerhouse indie publisher Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing and is based on Egyptian Mythology. I hope you all will give it a shot and/or please spread the word.

message 27: by Bret (new)

Bret (mistersweet) | 1 comments A new take on an old story, starting in Kemet, and ending in San Francisco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9D7YN...

Among the Veils

message 28: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Kennedy | 2 comments Hi,

I'm Alexander. My dad was an archaeologist so he exposed me to the wonder of ancient Egypt at an early age. I'm a huge fan of Wilbur Smith's books and P.C. Doherty's books which are more along the lines of detective novels. I am also a published author of ancient Egyptian historical fiction. I have recently put up a goodreads author page, search: The Horizon of the Sun Disc. The Pharaoh in my book is Akhenaten and I can see there are some Amarna period fans here. I have a webpage for any of you that might be interested with the book.
www.lulu.com/spotlight/JudgeMiran

message 29: by Michael (last edited Dec 18, 2013 06:28AM) (new)

Michael Gallagher Hi,

I’m Michael Gallagher. The US edition of my second e-book, The Scarab Heart, is released on December 20th. The main story is set in the Valley of the Kings in Victorian times, and the lengthy back-story (one-third of the novel) traces the Amarnan period from Amunhotep III’s marriage to Ti through to the ascension of Tutankhamen and Ankhesen. Between here and LibraryThing it’s had a barrage of four-star reviews.

The Scarab Heart (The Lizzie Blaylock Books, 2) by Michael Gallagher

If anyone would like a copy, Seventh Rainbow is giving it away free on December 23rd and 24th at Smashwords. Quote coupon code LH29U when it’s time to pay.

Wishing everyone happy holidays and a great new year,
Michael

message 30: by Michalea (new)

Michalea | 1 comments Hi,
I'm Michalea. I became interested in Ancient Egypt at the tender age of 7 when I checked out Cleopatra of Egypt and renewed it so many times the children's librarian put me on restriction. Since then, I've expanded my scope a little and been to Egypt twice.

I'm always on the look out for a new novel about ancient Egypt, but I love Gedge and Tarr. LOVED Linda Robinson's Lord Meren series. I even liked Stephanie Dray and Michelle Moran, although that gets me into trouble with some of the stricter Egypt-fans. I do not, however, like Elizabeth Peter's Amelia Peabody for reasons I can't quite describe.

As so many others, I am writing my own novel, Queen of Heka: The autobiography of Isis. Yeah, I am that presumptuous.

message 31: by Molino (new)

Molino | 1 comments Hi, I'm Väder, I'm from Sweden. I love everything that's got to do with Ancient Egypt, mythology and history in generall. I'd really like to read more books with Ancient Egypt as theme, both non-fiction and fiction (and in english), but it's hard to find in this small, northen country(Or maybe I'm just bad at finding things). I would be grateful for any tips and recommendations. :)

message 32: by Richard (last edited Jul 04, 2014 02:44PM) (new)

Richard Coady | 1 comments Väder wrote: "Hi, I'm Väder, I'm from Sweden. I love everything that's got to do with Ancient Egypt, mythology and history in generall. I'd really like to read more books with Ancient Egypt as theme, both non-fi..."

The Sekhmet Bed is an excellent book about Hatshepsut (the first of a series of four, so there's plenty to get into). After I read The Sekhmet Bed I read the other 3 in the series pretty much as soon as they came out, and I don't think I can give it a better recommendation than that...

message 33: by Yomi (new)

Yomi | 3 comments Väder wrote: "Hi, I'm Väder, I'm from Sweden. I love everything that's got to do with Ancient Egypt, mythology and history in generall. I'd really like to read more books with Ancient Egypt as theme, both non-fi..."

Hi, Vader

The Maya Papyrus
by Richard Coady (Goodreads Author)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...
Shiri
by D.S. Taylor (Goodreads Author)
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Look at polls like:
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/...
And
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 34: by Catherine (new)

Catherine Campbell | 1 comments Hello,

I am an author and Egyptologist, the first book in my Golden Lotus Series: Eternity's Child, set in the Old Kingdom - Reign of Khafre, is available now and the second book in the series: Sekhmet's Daughter, will be coming out in December.

The series was inspired by the Turin Erotic Papyrus, the Golden Lotus is a house of pleasure set up by 8 runaways from another house: The Khener (Harem) of Horus, who flee their despotic bond master/pimp when tragedy strikes one of their number. The series explores the stories of each of the original 8. It combines elements of romance and political intrigue with a touch of magic and yes the sex is pretty graphic.

While I attempt to maintain historical authenticity in the background and details, I made a deliberate decision to make the style as accessible as possible to the modern reader.

If you're interested, see my website: www.catherineccampbell.com or checkout Goodreads, Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Eternitys-Child...) or the other ebook platforms to read an excerpt.

I'd be happy to chat with readers and other writers of Ancient Egyptian stories.

regards
Cathy

message 35: by Amira (new)

Amira Awaad | 1 comments When I drive through the streets of Egypt, today, I see a land of Once Upon a Time... I see the Pharaohs, the temples, and the lore. As a modern day descendant of this ancient land; the land that I've adopted as the setting of my novella, The Ankhs, I carry the deserts in my eyes, the Nile in my veins and you can see the 7000 years spinning right under my skin.

In the fantasy novella, The Ankhs, young Hathor is raised and sheltered by her parents, Sinoueh and Seena far away from "their kind". She adores the human society around her (which she's adopted as her own), but is commonly disregarded by the general mass of the laboring public. In time she accepts the status of "outcast".

When Hathor comes of age, she leaves her remote home town of Salhagaar and heads to Thebes where Kemet's Pharaoh becomes the center of her adoration. However, something unexpected happens. In a moment of frantic desperation, Hathor travels by Fire. Her own world is then disclosed to her; she is not human.

Knowledge of an ancient prophecy, a river of Fire, and the inevitable unification of three objects called "The Ankhs", sets the world of Humans and Djinn into a race against time. Sinoueh, Seena, Hathor, Anpu, Bitaah, Mirr-Ha, The Legai, and so many others, are characters that verily jump off the page and collide with the reader's mind like bullet trains.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ankhs-Red-M...

The Ankhs Red Marks The Child (The Ankhs, #1) by Amira Awaad

message 36: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Purdin | 2 comments I am a new author here at Goodreads and hope to find other authors who are willing to review my book. I began writing it with some trepidation as I had some controversial ideas. But when I read that most archeologists don't agree about what happened during Akhenaten's reign, I felt better. Archeologist Barry Kemp of Cambridge University wrote that so little is known about what actually happened during the reign of Akhenaten that "the minute you begin to write about those people you begin to write fiction." I made sure I put that quote in my preface in case some reader thinks they know what happened.

I recommend Arthur Weigall's "The Life and Times of Akhenaten, Pharaoh of Egypt." It's nonfiction, but reads like fiction. Well, I guess that proves Barry Kemp's point. :-)

message 37: by Debra Giuffrida (new)

Debra Giuffrida | 13 comments I would love to read your book and give feedback. Akhenaten's reign (the Amarna Tar Pits) is one of my favorite periods and the basis of my own series.

message 38: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Purdin | 2 comments Debra,

Go to my book page at Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...
Buy a copy for $0.00 using coupon code XW27R. I would appreciate your feedback here and at Smashwords.

I am giving free review copies to authors, so anyone who reads this can do the same. It's a good way to plug your book as long as you don't have a link to it. Just put "author of " after your name.

When I contacted author William Henry to write a review, I discovered that he is looking into similarities between Atenism and early Christianity, which will be the focus of the third book of the Sons of the Sun series, Sun of Righteousness. You can watch a video about it at http://www.gaiamtv.com/video/akhenato... and he has a recent facebook post about it at https://www.facebook.com/william.henr...

In the video, what William calls "the rainbow body" is called "the deathless solar body" in "The Dossier on the Ascension" by Serapis Bey "formed of the energies of the sun and of the sun behind the sun" the great central sun at the center of the galaxy. This spiritual sun is what Akhenaten worshipped, and it's cosmic life-giving rays are transmitted through the rays of the sun, which acts as a step-down transformer, to enlighten and spiritualize sungazers. Interestingly, Akhenaten's father, Amenhotep III, was an embodiment of Serapis Bey according to Elizabeth Clare Prophet.

message 39: by Debra Giuffrida (new)

Debra Giuffrida | 13 comments Interesting. I would like to read more on that.