Nestie Book Club discussion

What is everyone reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Teresa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:59AM) (new)

Teresa As summer winds down I want to add to my TBR pile. What do you suggest?

message 2: by April (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new)

April | 2 comments Hi! I was going to say Water for Elephants because I just finished it last night and loved it but I see you've already read it. =) I am getting ready to read PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. I've heard some good reviews. Good luck!

message 3: by Missy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Missy Desiree (thewanderinrebels) Right now I am almost finished with "Something Borrowed" I can't wait to read "Something Blue!"

message 4: by Danielle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:01PM) (new)

Danielle Right now I am reading 1000 Splendid Suns and honestly, it is the BEST book I have read in a long time...and I still have 150 pages to go. I highly recommend it to anyone!!!

message 5: by Lori (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Lori | 4 comments I'm currently reading A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist and I love it! She also wrote The Measure of a Lady which I read on the plane to Venice, Italy. Both have been great books!

message 6: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Laura (lknapp) | 2 comments I just finished Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult. I'm currently reading part of Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and Your Pregnancy Week by Week.

message 7: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:03PM) (new)

Laura | 2 comments I just finished The True Story of Hansel and Gretel, which was dark but very good. It's set during the Holocaust, so Hansel and Gretel are portrayed as two Jewish children trying to hide from the Nazis in Poland. I loved the way the stepmother and the witch are depicted differently than mean characters in this.

message 8: by Kim (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Kim (kimschmidt611) I'm listening to A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Such a great book. Almost halfway done with it.

I'm reading Bergdorf Blondes for fun.

message 9: by Teresa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new)

Teresa I just started eat, pray, love at home, and am reading Snow Flower and the Secret Fan at work.

message 10: by Brenda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:05PM) (new)

Brenda Alexander Danley | 2 comments I am currently reading Peony In Love by Lisa See. It is a good book but has not grabbed me the way Snow Flower and the Secret Fan did. That book was amazing!

message 11: by Teresa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Teresa Britta, that does sound interesting. I might check it out.

message 12: by Leann (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:06PM) (new)

Leann | 3 comments Starting "The Boleyn Inheritance" soon. DH bought it for me when I was having a bad day, but I have yet to dig in. Can't wait!

message 13: by Danell (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Danell Right now i'm reading "Everything Conceivable: How Assisted Reproduction is Changing Men, Women, and the World" by Liza Mundy. Not something I would normally read, nor is it something i'm dealing with at the moment, but it looked interesting and it ties in with my field of study. It's taking me a while to get through it, but it's incredibly fascinating and insightful!

message 14: by Lindsay (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:19PM) (new)

Lindsay Right now I am reading Mixed Blessings by Danielle Steel.

message 15: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollymorrow) | 3 comments I'm listening to Bee Season - about halfway through it and enjoying it so far.
And I'm reading High Five - the 5th Stephanie Plum book. I love that series :)

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 27 comments I'm currently reading The Other Boleyn Girl and loving it.

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (angelashly) | 9 comments Right now I am reading nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult.

I just finished Something borrowed Monday and I loved it. Went and bought SOmething blue to read next.

message 18: by Kendra (new)

Kendra E (mrse1107) | 1 comments I am reading Mercy by Jodi Picoult.

message 19: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyl327) | 1 comments I am currently reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne for a book club. I am also reading The Gatecrasher by Madeline Wickham for pleasure.

message 20: by Sarah (last edited Feb 18, 2008 02:10PM) (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I'm about 50 pages from finishing Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Its been very enjoyable with great characters and a good story. Perfect summer reading.

message 21: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Lamb (hk10) | 3 comments Currently reading The Time Traveler's Wife. It's so long, I thought it would take me forever to read but I'm over half done already! It's really interesting.

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (pstate1) | 1 comments Currently I'm reading The Thirteenth Tale & The Five People You Meet In Heaven.

message 23: by Venessa (new)

Venessa (pebblecafe) | 4 comments I finished The Other Boleyn Girl last night. Excellent book! I normally overlook historical fiction, but I am SO glad I read it. Now I'm anxious to read The Constant Princess and The Boleyn Inheritance.

But I'm going to let TOBG digest another day. Then I'll decide if I'm going to finish The Prestige or start The Jane Austen Book Club.

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hey everyone! I just came over from the Nest Book Club board. I am already a goodreads addict so I thought this was a good group to join. I am currently reading Julie and Julia about the woman who cooked all of Julia Child's recipes in a year. In my to read pile I also have some light stuff like Baby Proof by Emily Giffin and I am about to read the third book in the Stephanie Meyer series- Eclipse. I read Outlander recently and may tackle the second in the series (700 pages worth).

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 27 comments Hi, Nicole! I just bought Twilight by Stephanie Meyer and am looking forward to reading it, but first I have to get through an Emile Zola book for my book club (we're reading The Masterpiece). I love the Gabaldon Outlander books - they are some of my favorites! I've also been reading some light stuff, like Confessions of a Shopaholic, in preparation of reading that Zola book.

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellechic) | 7 comments Hi Nicole, I am reading Conversations with the Fat Girl right now. Actually,I just finished The Girl Who Stopped Swimming about 30 minutes ago and really enjoyed that one. I'm starting the other mentioned book soon. After that I plan on reading Belong to Me by Marisa De Los Santos b/c I read Love Walked In by her and loved it. Some of it was a little farfetched but I really fell in love with the characters.

message 27: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kc720) | 1 comments Hello fellow Nesties! I've been on Good Reads for a while, but just found this group today!

What's everyone reading? I'm just finishing up The Pillars of the Earth, which was really excellent. Next up is Water for Elephants.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (suchatreat) | 1 comments I'm reading Broken For You by Stephanie Kallos and am really enjoying it so far. I just finished She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb and liked that one as well.

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (indysgirl) | 1 comments I'm reading Mary Queen of Scotts by Antonia Frasier

Its Loooong but a great read. If you like the Boelyn books I you'd like this one too.

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) I am reading Salem's Lot by Stephen King and listening to Ransom by Danielle Steel.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, fellow Nesties! I am reading The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson. So far, so good :)

message 32: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 2 comments I am reading The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. It is a memoir about a tragic year she had, thus the name of the book. I am getting bored with it, but you can't help but feel for this wife and mother.
On deck I just picked up Me & Emma by elizabeth Flock. Heard it was okay.

message 33: by Julie (new)

Julie G (cla37619) | 3 comments I'm reading three right now:

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genious by David Eggers

Lucky by Anne Sebold

A Natural History of Love by Diane Ackerman

All have been excellent so far!

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (angelashly) | 9 comments Lucky- Alice Sebold

I will finish it tonight or maybe at lunch. It is very good.

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellechic) | 7 comments I am reading Conversations with the Fat Girl. I really like it so far. I can relate with the narrator well. I'm not fat, but I'm definitely not happy with my body and I'm not thin so it's nice to read a book knowing that the author thinks the same was as I do. It's a work of fiction but I think the author relates to it. It's a nice easy, slightly funny read.

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 27 comments Julie, I believe I read A Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman years ago and loved it!

message 37: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 2 comments I also read a Natural History of the Senses...it was very good.

message 38: by Kim (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:38AM) (new)

Kim (kimschmidt611) Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen. Its about his failed attempt to climb K2 and discovered a town in need of a school. He raises the funds and starts to build schools in Pakistan. I'm over halfway through it and its a heartwarming tale and makes me want to get off my butt and do something.

message 39: by Julie (new)

Julie G (cla37619) | 3 comments Cozyegg, If you liked A Natural History of the Senses, you'd probably also like A Natural History of Love. I read the Senses in college for a Perception class and loved it too!

message 40: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 27 comments Good to know, Julie! I'll put it on my "to read" list.

-Michelle

message 41: by TheReadingKnitter/ (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:35AM) (new)

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) I am reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyer and listening to Sisters by Danielle Steel

message 42: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 1 comments I am just about to start The Secret History by Donna Tartt. I have heard really good things about it so I am going to give it a whirl, although I wasn't that crazy about her other book The Little Friend

message 43: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillschlotty) | 2 comments I'm reading Barbara Walters' memiore. It's takin a while to get through. The beginning was really good but now it's gotten very slow. I'm trying to finish it before next week when I go on vacation so I can read The Other Boleyn Girl.

message 44: by Kim (new)

Kim | 3 comments I am reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Aafran Foer. It's different than anything I've read in a while, but it is interesting!

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellechic) | 7 comments Right now I'm reading Into Thin Air, a true account of the Mt. Everest disaster. It's really good so far. I think it's going to be pretty sad though. But I find it fascinating that people would risk their lives just to say they've been to the top of it. That's just me though, I would never do it. Millions of people would though and I know they have their reasons that are far deeper than just saying they did it.

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) I finished New Moon by Stephanie Meyer and I am now reading Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult and also still reading Sisters by Danielle Steel.

message 47: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicacbooksbooks) | 3 comments I'm reading The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio by Teri Ryan. Its a memoir of a woman (written by one of her daughters) with 10 kids and an alcoholic husband in the 50s who helped her family get by entering contests.

Its a pretty inspiring story and I was never aware of this contest fever that went on right after WWII, but she won all sorts of thing $5,000 for her down payment on a house, toasters, freezers, washers and dryers, cars, many small cash prizes etc. by writing the ends to jingles, and poems.

message 48: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 27 comments I finally finished reading Zola's The Masterpiece and am about to start reading Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. I wanted to have a new book to start when I leave for vacation tomorrow!

message 49: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillschlotty) | 2 comments I just started Twilight. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow too so I bought all three for the week.

message 50: by Brandie (new)

Brandie (brandiemichelle) these are my favorite books of the year!! i loved them and i just bought the newest book by emily giffin. can't wait to read it!

« previous 1