Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1 Conversations with God discussion

conversations with god

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Serina Irvine what you thought of the book

message 2: by Mimsy (new)

Mimsy You don't really want to know! I think he is a fraud, and not even a fraud who does a lot of good -- more of a megalomaniac. Sure it is nice to see those pat answers, but . . . . life is not like that!

message 3: by William (last edited Apr 03, 2011 12:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

William Thomas "Seeing is NOT Believing!" BUT, "Believing IS seeing. probably for the first time in your life!" ~ Bill Tucker

You will begin to BELIEVE when you read MY Book -- "Miracles made Possible".

Sadia some of the few that I mark to be re-read for the rest of my life!

message 5: by C (new) - rated it 2 stars

C Van The book cracked me up- kept thinking,"You're kidding me.Right?"

message 6: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Deroubaix I believe in what this book says because I saw my parents talking with God and I know for a fact that that´s what helped them to carry on in their missionary life.

Jaqui I have read this book 4x and I'm on my 5th. It has gotten me through some very trying times. I believe it. I feel like God is talking directly to Me. I don't understand how anyone could make up anything like this, it just all makes perfect sense to me.

David Opened me up to the concept of how powerful a conversation can be. Just being there with someone and listen and get inspired. Some of the best ideas have been sparked during or after a conversation...

Now imagine having one with God, the idea is worth a conversation!

Thoroughly enjoyed the book!

message 9: by kisha (new) - added it

kisha Mert wrote: "I think the author, is right on some topics, but not completely."

agreed

message 10: by kisha (new) - added it

kisha I think that anytime you read a self-help, motivational, inspirational and especially religious/spiritual book, you can't take every single word as true or factual. This is the kind of book where you have to be open-minded as well as strong in your faith before deciding to read it. Before I opened the pages of this book, I said a small prayer asking God to give me the proper understanding as He would have me to understand it. The wisdom to know what parts to believe and what parts to leave. So far I believe it's working for me. I like the book and so much of it is giving me the proper understanding of God and living a godly life. But I must say many of his "theories" I do not believe and will not apply to my life.

message 11: by Rina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rina This book is not to be taken literally ... one has to have an open mind...many of the questions that I had growing up were answered with this book. I feel that it is basically what we know in our hearts but never voice it.

message 12: by Sam (new) - rated it 1 star

Sam C wrote: "The book cracked me up- kept thinking,"You're kidding me.Right?""

hahha..rite ;)

message 13: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Jenkins I have no religious beliefs, but this and the next two spoke to me on so many levels. as the book said, even if i'm not god, it's still pretty good advice.

message 14: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Jenkins Sadia wrote: "some of the few that I mark to be re-read for the rest of my life!"
as i have done.

message 15: by Rina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rina Hey John, Your response resonated with me so well...the book gave me ways to deal with hard issues in my life as well...like how to get on with people that may infuriate me and I have to deal with them day to day..

John wrote: "I have no religious beliefs, but this and the next two spoke to me on so many levels. as the book said, even if i'm not god, it's still pretty good advice."

message 16: by Rina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rina Rina wrote: "Hey John, Your response resonated with me so well...the book gave me ways to deal with hard issues in my life as well...like how to get on with people that may infuriate me and I have to deal with ..."

Yes! i totally agree...I am not religious and although i come from a very religious background, I have been fortunate enough to have very understanding people around me. All i know is that CWG IS practical and makes so much sense...who cares what anyone's belief is.

message 17: by Rina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rina Yes...i read it again and again..sometimes I just open any random page and i still...after 13 years i find something new!

Jaqui I would have to say that it is my most favorite book ever. I have shared it many many times and usually read it all over again when it is returned. I think I have listened to the audio version 5 times now. I'm sure that I will listen at least 5 times how many times I have already read/listened to it. It never fails, I learn something new every time.

message 19: by Christina (last edited Apr 24, 2013 01:22PM) (new)

Christina Gray I just finished reading this book and I am touched more than I have ever been. I am constantly searching for answers within myself. I have started going back to church and I would always feel a disconnect in a sense of others watching me, judging me. But I know that in some sense that is where I belong. This book made me question everything that I have believed. I have placed so many restrictions on myself and to this very moment I still have fear and doubts that consume and take over me. Certain passages gave me chills, made me cry, and others made me chuckle and even brought more fear upon me for the mere thought of this being true. I feel that I am easily persuaded when it comes to a lot of things and i fear that I will be persuaded into being and doing the wrong things. There was a reason that God led me to this book. There was a reason. In my situation this could not have been a coincidence. I know God only wants the best for us and knowing this frightens me. I am afraid of my own greatness. This books is so inspiring, yet so scary. I don't know what to make of it. I want to rid of all my doubts and fears and just find myself. I may have my doubts about it but I know there was a purpose for me to read it. I will have to take a leap of faith to trust in myself and to trust in God. I know I have one a lot of rambling but I am so overwhelmed with emotions after reading this book. I know i need to take the first step and i will.

Rajiv It's a sacred book for me, and its something that have awakened my sleeping mind.

Randall Corley Acceptance of belief, more often than not, results in a closed, biased mind having been satisfied with the answer. But this attitude only serves to breed feelings of superiority, negative judgment and shunning which directly feed ego while weakening spirit and undermining spirituality. I would ask believers why it is so easy to accept as true, historic events stories such as the burning bush, the parting of the Red Sea, and the immaculate conception, even though it is a well known fact that a governmental gun was pointed at the head of each of the 47 or so biblical authors, during the entire +1600 years that it took to create the contents “allowed” in the most recent edit of the Christian Bible as ordered and approved “to be read in churches” by King James in 1611. Then you dismiss Donald Walsh and others as quacks???