Writing Passionates discussion

getting crushes on fictional characters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 144 (144 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
does anyone else ever have crushes on fictional characters (either ones that you read about or ones that you write about)? 'cause i do... lol.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah.... I um do that too. My biggest one is Edward Cullen, but pretty much all the guys I read about are amazing. :)

message 3: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
Oh, all the time. Definitely.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Slider from Cyberchase (which I'm glad they didn't ruin!) and I had a slight crush on my character Demiyue who is based on Doopliss (see my pic). I REALLY LIKE HIS CHARACTER, THOUGH!

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

haha. i'm glad i'm not alone.

message 6: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) oh yes. all the time.

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

not exactly. i mean crush like you're in LOVE with them, like if they were a real person you would totally marry them--okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. but maybe you would, like, date them. lol.

message 8: by Saybaar (new)

Saybaar | 6 comments I and most of my friends have crushes on Lord of the Rings characters (mine is Haldir, and my friends all tease me mercilessly about his nose). Part of it is a way to "try out" being in love with someone without risking anything (like being dumped or publicly embarrassed). Rabid fangirls scare me, though. Don't be a rabid fangirl.

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

lol. i'm not really into lord of the rings guys... they're not my type. lol.

message 10: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Waite (zaronas) i don't have crushes on any charectors (exept queen elves, and all the main charecters gf) but i have dreamt all the charectors were allive and all there worlds joined making one awsome world

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Some of my story ideas come from dreams! I never actually have dreams about them though.

message 12: by Susannah (new)

Susannah (pheisty_heisty) I do to
Have a crush on Edward Cullen I mean he just sounds so cool.
I always get crushes on the characters in books i read and i really crush on them~ REALLY!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

i have(had) a crush on eragon and this other guy. sometimes if the main character is like a girl i get a crush on like her boy friend

message 14: by Brigid ✩ (new)

fang from maximum ride. heehee.

message 15: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Waite (zaronas) whos edward cullen???????????

message 16: by Dillon (last edited May 05, 2008 12:24PM) (new)

Dillon (dillionare) | 3 comments really, who is edward cullen?

message 17: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
Edward Cullen is Bella's boyfriend in the Twilight series, which an incredible amount of people have fallen in love with. Among teens, it is probably just as popular as harry potter. Oh, and Edward Cullen is also a vampire and apparantly really really hot. Personally, I don't think that he would be my type, so I guess that gives all the other girls in this discussion a better chance at him(or would give them a better chance if he were real)!

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

edward is hot for a fictional character. heehee. at least i thought he was in the first book. in the second book i found him kind of annoying for some reason. can't remember why. i haven't read the third book yet. a lot of girls who read that book think he is hot. i also think he is hot, but like veronica, i don't really think he would be my type. being in love with him is obviously risky (you know if you've read the books. lol.)

message 19: by Saybaar (new)

Saybaar | 6 comments Personally, I can't stand Edward, but I know a lot of people like him, so it's probably just me...Carlisle and Jasper are so much cooler. And Jacob, who gets bonus points for the fact that he isn't an angsty vampire...Edward is so irrational and emotional, though. I get the feeling I would like him better if Bella weren't in the picture. She makes him way too emo.

message 20: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
POTENTIAL SPOILER!
wait, tori, do you mean the one scene where she insists on sleeping on the couch because she doesn't like the bed? But then he shows up and then they talk about the whole marrage thing?

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (ophelia17) | 67 comments gosh Drew its the main male from the Twilight Saga. Get w/ the program.
yes i luv Edward and a bunch of others. a really weird one is Horatio from Hamlet. I <3 him!!!

message 22: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Zach from the Gallagher girls. *swoon*

message 23: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Waite (zaronas) hey i like fantasy not love blah

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

you'll like love when you're older. haha.

message 25: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Edward Cullen is Bella's boyfriend in the Twilight series. I like Murtagh...

message 26: by Brigid ✩ (new)

argh. i don't like edward anymore. yesterday i watched the trailer for the movie, and he is so butt-ugly in it. omg. it messed up the image of him in my head. i hate when that happens.

message 27: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited May 10, 2008 11:59AM) (new)

I know, the movie did suck. The changed it so much, and it wasn't even good. I don't know how they're going to make Eldest.

I agree, it always happens when the movie ruins your image in your head so that you think of them that way. I had imagined Luna Lovegood completely different than how she looked in the movie, but now all I can think of when I re-read the books is the movie way she looks. I hate when that happens!

And isn't Edward supposed to be really hot? That sucks if they made him ugly! ((My goal is to read the Twilight series soon.))

message 28: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah! edward is supposed to be like supernaturally hot!!! and the actor who plays him is sooooo ugly and not good at acting even! argh! so frustrating! couldn't they have found someone a little more attractive than THAT???

message 29: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

That's really frustrating! They could have at least tried!

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

i know, right? well, i guess maybe some people think that the actor is hot, but all the people i know who saw the trailer were like, "THAT'S edward??? what???!!! he's too ugly!!!" lol.

message 31: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

It sucks, because if some people watch the movie but don't read the book, they'll assume he's supposed to be that way or something.

message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah... he also looks really evil in the trailer. he's like, "mwa ha ha. i'm a vampire." and then he, like, pounces on a deer and eats it. it's such a bizarre trailer.

message 33: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Oh-kay. It sounds really weird. I haven't read Twilight, so is he evil in the books?

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

no. he's not supposed to be really. although i guess it depends on your definition of "evil". i mean, he is a vampire, of course. but he doesn't eat humans... only animals i think.

message 35: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Okay.

message 36: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I LOVE DAVID FROM THE PRETTIES!!!!

message 37: by Brigid ✩ (new)

oh yeah! i almost forgot about him... i had a crush on him too! :D i didn't like zane cuz i wanted tally to end up with david. lol. so then i felt guilty when zane died... haha.

message 38: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Speaking of crushes...I just started Twilight now, and I totally am in love with Edward Cullen...and of course, I have a small crush on Percy Jackson as well.

message 39: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Just started Twilight? Wow! By the end you will be head over heals in love! He's amazing.

message 40: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

I see that more and more by every page...:D

message 41: by Brigid ✩ (new)

haha. yeah. percy jackson is also okay...

message 42: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Grrrrr, I hate you Bella! You lucky duck! You get Edward!! I envy you...:P

message 43: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah... haha. :D

message 44: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) Bridgid-
me too! i'm like nononononono!!! u cannot like zane davids awesome u have to love him!!! I was literally screaming at the book. i'm still in love with him. i was soo happy at the end of extras...

message 45: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

OMG I LOVE EDWARD...sorry, I'm even farther in Twilight and he gets better with every page...

message 46: by Brigid ✩ (new)

allie i haven't read extras yet!!!! is it good?

message 47: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) yes, it is amazing! i promise i didn't give anything away with what i said, it was just something little that made me reallllyyyy happy. it takes place in japan, which took me a while to figure out, and it's other people with Tally in it, just not as much, a different main character.

message 48: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yeah, i kind of gathered that from reading the back of the book in the book store... i still haven't read it though, except for like the first two pages. :D

message 49: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:34AM) (new)

I finished Twilight at science camp, on the second day, which was Tuesday...OMG IT WAS AMAZING!!!! More than amazing. It is now (one of) my favorite books now!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE EDWARD. *sighs* It's so sad that Bella has to get older than him...what happens when she'll be, like, 20, and he'll still be 17? I have to go get New Moon from the bookstore as soon as I can...

message 50: by Brigid ✩ (new)

yaaay i luv twilight! new moon is good too. i haven't read eclipse yet; my friends told me it wasn't as good as the first two, but i want to read it anyway. :D

« previous 1 3