twilight lovers! discussion

Books in the Twilight Series > What did you feel like when you first read Twilight?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Beret (last edited Apr 13, 2008 07:02PM) (new)

Beret Brems (kokomo_bb) | 42 comments What did you feel like when you first read Twilight? Were you immediately addicted, or did it take time. I want to know!

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 2 comments My friend got me into this book. She was obsessed with all of them and then told me I'd probably enjoy it. Well after the first couple of chapters I couldn't put it down. I'm halfway through the 2nd book now and I can't get enough.

message 3: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 11 comments I was totally hooked. Honestly, it is a great book, but not a fabulous, moving, life changing book. I always think, "oh, I'll get over it, it's just another romance book"...but then I pick it up again and I cannot put it down

message 4: by Kami (new)

Kami i almost didnt even read the books.
i read the great and terrible beauty trilogy and fell in love with them...then i heard that people were saying twilight was better...so i decided that i wouldnt read them because i didnt want to take away from AGATB(weird,yeah i know)...but then i finally gave in and read them...and they are amazing.
although i have to say i love both series equally.

message 5: by Elaina (new)

Elaina Rose (totallygoingwarped) | 4 comments it was funny i never wanted to read the book my friend kept talking about it and i was like oh yeah it probably wont be that good but after i read it i lived and breathed twilight i kept comparing my life to it lol so i would say i was addicted immediatley. TWILIGHT MY BRAND OF HEROINE.

message 6: by Yasmin (new)

Yasmin (dreamsfromanotherplanet) | 285 comments I was hooked from the moment i read the blurb on the back of the book, I just loved everything about it! I can just read them over and over and never get bored!

message 7: by Kasie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:34AM) (new)

Kasie | 27 comments Well i was in love and then came new moon then i bout died then edward came back YAY!!!

message 8: by Analicia (new)

Analicia Zamora | 12 comments I heard about the books from my friends and aunt who works at a library, so I asked for them for Christmas and got all three. Then after the first chapter i was completely hooked and finished them all in a matter of 3 days. Now I am a writer myself and these books have become my bible to everything vampires.

message 9: by Kendall (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new)

Kendall (elphaba0115) | 42 comments Well... I got twilight for my 13th birthday present from a friend of mine. She and I had different styles and she read vampire stuff, wore black and read naima, so I was just going to read the first chapter to not hurt her feelings. So I was on the bus reading it because I had nothing else to do. After the first 10 pages I REALLY got into it. So since then I've been hooked on Twilight ever since and have read New Moon and Eclipse and CANT wait for Breaking Dawn and the MOVIE!!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

i thought the cover was cool and i read the blurb and man i got hoooooked i've been reccommending like crazy

message 11: by Brighde (new)

Brighde | 137 comments I was in 6th grade when I first checked out Twilight (wasn't big then). The Intro was kinda weird and I was younger then so I brought it back, also cause my mom said I couldn't read vampire books. I saw the book around november and neglected a ton of homework by reading it

message 12: by Sitara (new)

Sitara (sitaramw) EVERYONE that i knew had read it and were saying that i NEEDED to read it! my parents wouldnt let me but one time we were in mexico and they had it (in english) so my parents bought it(it was acutally only this spring break, 2008) and finished them all within the month of MArch!(maybe a little into April)...:)!

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraingram) My friend has recommended it so I gave it a try. I think it probably took me a couple of chapters to get into it but then I was obsessed and all I wanted to do was to know what happen. I read all three in about a week or so...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

for my pals it took a lot of persuading they dont read big books only i do soo i had one hell of a time trying to get them to read them and finally they read the books and man u should see there eyes sparkle at the name of anything from the book even the title

message 15: by Ren (new)

Ren (silverparadox) | 10 comments you know how drugs addict you. well that's what Twilight and etc. do. You can't eat, sleep, or work until you read the WHOLE thing!!! so duh, it's obviously addicting. Love at first sight.

message 16: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) i was obsessed. it on'y tood me two days. my mom would yell at me to go to bed. that i really needed to calm down. i would eat and read. i couldn't sleep. they were really good. my older sister got it for me, a great suprise. i loved her so much that day. my mom told her the next day not to buy me a book again. but she still does. great!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Well some of my older friends told me about the book wayyyyyy b4 the big hype about it. When the 1st film was in cinemas I read it. I loved it! I finished it that day and then the rest of the series in 3days. I became a massive fanatic. I am still in love with but not as obssesive.

message 18: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) uNiKue wrote: "Well some of my older friends told me about the book wayyyyyy b4 the big hype about it. When the 1st film was in cinemas I read it. I loved it! I finished it that day and then the rest of the serie..."

that is so hard to believe, i love twilight, i can't see how people can't be obsessed with it. but i guess it's good, it's hard to get twilight or robert pattinson out of my head!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you find hard to believe?

message 20: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) that someone can't love twilight!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I love twilight!

message 22: by Terry (new)

Terry | 62 comments I enjoyed Twilight,even through I didnt start reading it until the trailer for the movie surfaceed

message 23: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited May 21, 2010 12:44PM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
I have to admit I was an instant addict!! It is funny because I first read twilight in the summer of 2007 way before any of the movie hype...I was getting ready to go on vacation in the San Juan Islands in northern Washington state and I ran to the book store to get something to take with me...I ended up reading all on Twilight in 2 days and had to stop by the book store again on my way out of town for the next 2 books. All I really remember about my vacation is reading New Moon and Eclipse! And it was cool because I was in a somewhat similar geographical area as the one in the books.

message 24: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments lol...I know the people you were with were like " I wish she would take her head outta that book!"

message 25: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Yeah...it was pretty bad but we stayed at this little Bed & Breakfast and they had the perfect hammock and everything!!!

message 26: by Edith (new)

Edith (edithc383) | 1 comments I felt like i was a teenager again in love.

message 27: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 65 comments I read the first one, and it didn't have impact on me. It was just a book for me. Nothing more. Slightly enjoyable, but I would've prefered more action.

message 28: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Guitar Chick-Dolly Dagger wrote: "I read the first one, and it didn't have impact on me. It was just a book for me. Nothing more. Slightly enjoyable, but I would've prefered more action."

yeah, these arent the best books if your an action girly! Theres more action in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn but the main theme is the love story

message 29: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 65 comments Yeah.

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments I was a big skeptic who hadn't even wanted to read the books, totally not into all the Vampire stuff, however I ended up watching Twilight by accident one night and thought that it wasn't half bad, so then I decided to read the books and boy oh boy am I glad I did because it made me feel like I was back in high school again only wishing that I had a hot vampire guy to hook up with! I instantly fell in love with the book. I liked it better than the movie. My favorite book is Breaking Dawn.

message 31: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I got my cousin to read the series, she is 36 and hadn't read hardly anything for enjoyment since high school. after reading the books she has been reading like crazy...

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 32 comments Stephanie wrote: "I got my cousin to read the series, she is 36 and hadn't read hardly anything for enjoyment since high school. after reading the books she has been reading like crazy..."

That is soo funny because that is what has happened to me, I have gotten back into reading again, it has been great!

message 33: by Dear Kennedy (new)

Dear Kennedy (KennedyTwilightChick) | 67 comments before i read twilight, i thought that i wasn't going to be a good book. then after i read it, i was hooked. I told my sister "they were coming out with a movie i bet you" and look, they did.

message 34: by Aroha (new)

Aroha (Arohaaa) | 140 comments i got my ex bf to read the books.
He did!!
ahahaha

message 35: by Callie (new)

Callie (callie365) | 1 comments Dear Kennedy wrote: "before i read twilight, i thought that i wasn't going to be a good book. then after i read it, i was hooked. I told my sister "they were coming out with a movie i bet you" and look, they did."

nice call dear kennedy!
at first i was skeptical of it's amazingness because the people i knew that loved it were all brainless but after she first met edward i was completely hooked and read all four in five days

message 36: by Krystal (new)

Krystal (krystal_f) | 1609 comments Callie wrote: "Dear Kennedy wrote: "before i read twilight, i thought that i wasn't going to be a good book. then after i read it, i was hooked. I told my sister "they were coming out with a movie i bet you" an..."

oh wow! you read all 4 in five days...you are good! I ws so upset that I had to put the book down when I went to work!

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments I was addicted right away. I'd say it has to be the first books I've have ever read that made me emotionally react to what I was reading. I could not put the books down and read all of them in a month. Which is pretty good for me since I have two jobs, a son, and still tried to have some sort of social life :)

message 38: by Vivi (new)

Vivi | 2543 comments I felt like I couldn't put the books down, I got addicted right away :)

message 39: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tweyant) What I remember is faking sick so I could stay home from school because I'd stayed up so late reading Twilight. Then I reread it. Once I was done with it again, I skipped over the parts I didn't really care for until I got New Moon!

message 40: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (shyluck13) A lot of my friends (this is AFTER THE FIRST MOVIE) had been obsessing over it, and had said "hey, i'm sure you'll like this, give it a try. you like to read absolutely everything...try it out!" so a relative bought it for me while they were away, and when it got back to me two months later (I know, a long time to wait, but I wanted to check out the book before reading it) I flew through it in about two and a half days. I then I went on a trip with my family and bought the other three - one here, and two in the country I visited. For me, they were absolutely amazing, and my entire vacation, I couldn't get off the beach and into the water!

I have moved on from my obsession, but I look back at Twilight with a little love - it introduced me to my favourite genre, one I probably wouldn't have found for a long time PNF!

message 41: by Tutti (new)

Tutti Fruiti96 | 6 comments at the first i ever read twilight i was astonished, it was the best story i have evr read in my life. it teaches people alot of great lessons. i actually saw the movie first but then i read the book. both's great. amazing cast. especially robert pattinson, he was the best edward cullen that any company could get!

message 42: by Shwetika (new)

Shwetika ^ i agree on Rob being best Edward

message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 6 comments I was hooked after the first few chapters!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I felt this sense of awe form the series. I felt like without all the supernatural parts of this series could really happen. The one thing that throw me about it was that there were so many unanswered question. I think there should be a fifth book and that she should finish Midnight Sun.

message 45: by Carla (new)

Carla Pereira After I read the first twilight I had already watched the movie but the book was definitely more detailed and interesting and made me become interested into the books and movies

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Beret wrote: "What did you feel like when you first read Twilight? Were you immediately addicted, or did it take time. I want to know!"

I was immediately addicted and couldn't put it down. I was surprised by that since I had read so many negative comments from all the "haters" on goodreads. They continue to baffle me with the extremity of their feeling.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Star wrote: "WHY?!?!?!?! I'm definitely not a fan of anything twilight, but I do (mostly) like the way SM describes stuff. (Settings and things like that). I don't like the series because of the plot and Bella...."

Go away!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was the best love story ever!

Bre

message 49: by Erin (new)

Erin | 7 comments I watched the movies a lot and the little I read of it before I knew it had more than the movies so I read them again and again I just love the books

♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ So happy. I just adored it and it opened my eyes to a whole new range of books, and I loved being sucked into the world of Twilight.

« previous 1