Chicks On Lit discussion

So who watched The Memory Keepers Daughter? And what did you think? *spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
I was so excited to watch it. Even though I gave it 3 out of 5 stars I was really hoping that with the help of the author they would do a good job.
ICK!
Im glad I read it before I saw it or I NEVER would have picked up the book. I thought they did such a disservice to the story and every possible meaning to be found within it.
They cut out the sister and I really liked her. They cut out the relationship with caroline and her husband. They cut out her relationship with the man she cares for and his daughter. They cut out so much of what really drove David and Norah apart and reduced it down to an affair and him working too much.
Ugh! I was so dissapointed.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) lifetime movies are always such a big disappointment ~ to me anyway! i fell asleep laast night & saturday night w/a half hour to go! maybe i'll try again tonight!

message 3: by Rolana (new)

Rolana | 22 comments I loved the book and I'm usually disappointed with movies based on books. I thought it could have been much worse, but I agree Tera that they left out so much. There was much more to the relationship between David and Norah. I gave it a 3.5.

message 4: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Apr 14, 2008 07:35PM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) did i mention that i never read the book? i was close to picking it up once but i got a feeling that it was very upsetting, so i didn't get it. since losing my daughter (nearly 9 years ago, 5/8) some books just seem like they'll hurt too much to read!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) finally saw the end ~ when she split the daffodils into 2 bunches, handed them to both women and said 'happy mother's day,' it brought me to my knees & i just sobbed. i don't think i could ever read this book!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) sorry for being a bummer last night!!!

message 7: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
Oh Jo bless your heart! *big hugs* never apologize for having feelings and a heart.