The Pillars of the Earth (Kingsbridge, #1) The Pillars of the Earth discussion

There's going to be a sequel!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn I found an article stating that Ken Follett has written a follow-up book to this and it will be coming out this Fall.

message 2: by Ralph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ralph I loved Pillars of the Earth (and others of Ken Follett). I hadn't heard there was to be a sequel, but will now look for it. Thanks.

message 3: by Janet (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Janet saw an interview with him about the new book on sunday, oct 7. now i want to read both.

message 4: by Jeab (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeab Yes, the sequel of the book is called "World without end". It's a very big book, even bigger than the Pillars of the Earth. I am eager to read it.

message 5: by Ralph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ralph Thanks, everyone. I look forward to reading "World Without End;" if it's half as good as "Pillars of the Earth," it will still be terrific. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until it's in paperback, so if anyone reads it soon, please let us know what you think of it.

Ralph

Xysea I am reading Pillars Of The Earth right now. I don't know how I've managed to avoid it all these years, but it's going rather well.

Shannon Oh. I must read "World Without End." I saw it at a bookstore recently, but didn't realize it was a sequel to Pillars of the Earth. What a masterful author!

shar Pillars of the Earth is a soap opera, long, drawn out story with unlikable characters. I don't recommend it unless you have nothing else to read.

Jill Weinstein Read "World Without End;" Sorry not as good as Pillars. When they say sequel, we're talking 100's of years later.I did read it all and it was a decent read, but wait til paperback:)

message 10: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Are Follet's books worth reading? Or will it be a huge dissapointment. I loved Pillars

message 11: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill Weinstein I wouldn't call it a huge disappointment, but Pillars was far superior. I liked it, it was worth reading, but not as great of a book.

Sally I do not like the way Follet ALWAYS finds a way to describe women's pubis. So weird.

Brian I read them both back to back in a three week span and I thought one was as great as the other. And yes that is a little weird.