Summer Secrets Book Club discussion

Jane Green > What Jane Green book did you read first?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avon/Voyager (new)

Avon/Voyager At Harper Collins (angela_craft) | 6 comments Mod
Have you been reading Jane Green ever since Jemima J? Or was Tempting Fate your first read? Share your memories of your first Jane Green read here!

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber Strawn (randomamb) | 6 comments I haven't read any of Jane Green's books yet, but I have several on my shelf! I'm most excited to read Tempting Fate & Summer Secrets!

ღ Carol jinx~☆~☔ʚϊɞ | 1 comments I've never read any of her books.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Hudson (momof4inmd) Tempting Fate

message 5: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments Jane Green is a new author to me. I look forward to reading her work. It really caught my attention. I think it will be great!

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Just finished my first Jane Green book today...Family Pictures. Looking forward to reading more of her books!

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments I have not read any Jane Green books yet, but Jemima J has been on my TBR shelf and Summer Secrets has been added as well. I look forward to reading them.

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliejewels) | 2 comments I can't recall reading any of Jane Green's books. Summers Secret will be my first.

message 9: by Sue (new)

Sue (sue07647) Bookends and loved it! Not sure why I haven't read too many others, I also read Swapping Lives (not going to lie, didn't love that one). But I'm excited that I have a new author to binge on! Just downloaded Jemima J and will go from there.

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane | 4 comments Jemima J was the first Jane Green book I read.

message 11: by Mary Eve (new)

Mary Eve (maryevelynls) The Beach House was my very first Jane Green book. It captured my attention at an antique store. I saw it tucked away in a box and the cover charmed my mood. Loved it ever since.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (islandmichy) | 1 comments Summer Secrets will be my first Jane Green book read.

message 13: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments Here is a question for everyone. Are you going to read or do audio version of Summer Secrets? I think I might do audio.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber Strawn (randomamb) | 6 comments Hi, Jennie! I'm going to read the book rather than listen to it. After reading the first 2 chapters, I can't wait to read the rest!!

message 15: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments Hi Amber! I thought of reading the book, but lately doing audiobook is easier. I currently am listening to Ava Miles book Nora Roberts Land. She is proving to be a favorite author of mine! Great book!

message 16: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley Dian | 1 comments Jemima J - then I had to go buy all she wrote! Love her! And LOVE her writing style. I aspire to write like her!

message 17: by Freda (new)

Freda Witt | 1 comments the first I read was "Telling Secrets". But when I like an author I go back to the first and read all her books. Looking forward to "Summer Secrets".

message 18: by Diane (new)

Diane | 4 comments I am going to read Summer Secrets.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy Swanson | 1 comments Jemima J, hooked for life! :)

message 20: by Diane (new)

Diane | 4 comments Jemima J was the first I read. :)

message 21: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Lewis (kriizzle) | 1 comments My first Jane Green book I read was 'Second Chances'. I have been a fan ever since.

message 22: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 1 comments I've read all of Jane Green's books, starting with Jemima J which is by far my favorite! I love all of her books and always look forward to new ones from her.

message 23: by Amber (new)

Amber Strawn (randomamb) | 6 comments There's a Jane Green freebie on kindle! It's called Cat & Jemima J. I think it's around 35 pages.

message 24: by Jennie (new)

Jennie  Veazey | 8 comments I found that a while back and downloaded it! Love the freebies!!

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments My first Jane Green Book is this Beauty right here -----------> Summer Secrets by Jane Green and I'm so excited to be starting it now!! Now I'm praying, wishing on every star and sending thoughts out to the big Beautiful Universe for this contest!! One of my friends here knows why it's so important and I'm thrilled she's shared her words of praise for Jane Green with me. ~*Thank you Girl & Good Luck everyone*~

@Amber I'm going to go check that out before I can't anymore. Thanks for the heads up!! Good Luck & Happy Reading!

message 26: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments Amber wrote: "There's a Jane Green freebie on kindle! It's called Cat & Jemima J. I think it's around 35 pages."

Got it! Thank you for sharing that!

Here's the Amazon link for anyone else looking for it:

Cat and Jemima J by Jane Green

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V...

message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments Angela wrote: "Have you been reading Jane Green ever since Jemima J? Or was Tempting Fate your first read? Share your memories of your first Jane Green read here!"

Hi Angela, "Summer Secrets" is my first Jane Green book, but I'm falling all over the cover and title of "Tempting Fate". Someday, but for now they're all on my Amazon WL! :)

message 28: by Mary Eve (new)

Mary Eve (maryevelynls) Thanks for freebie info. Got it!!

message 29: by Bj (last edited Jun 03, 2015 03:19AM) (new)

Bj Smith (shotime) | 1 comments My first Jane Green book was Another Piece of My Heart. I was hooked and knew I'd be back for more! Four books later... So excited for the release of Summer Secrets!

message 30: by Mish (new)

Mish | 5 comments Summer Secrets will be my first and I am so excited after reading the first 2 chapters!

message 31: by Melissa (last edited Jul 02, 2015 06:38PM) (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments Michelle wrote: "Summer Secrets will be my first and I am so excited after reading the first 2 chapters!"

ME TOO!! I started reading it and then life circumstances halted it for a bit. Then bought the short story Cat and Jemima J by Jane Green which gave me the same feelings as you mentioned. The first two chapters will hook you. I LOVE when that happens! :)

Was finally able to get back to Summer Secrets at about 3 a.m. this morning. Loving it and the way the chapters are set up. London and Nantucket and times alternating 1969, 1998, 2013, 2014....etc. The Seaside talk is awesome and the talk of the little town and cottages makes you want to just climb into the book. Jersey, beach town Girl here so it's really cozy and also the suspense of where it's going. Two pages I wanted to jump into are pages 49 and 50. *Sighs & Melts*.

~*Love Love Loving it*~

message 32: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments Amber wrote: "I haven't read any of Jane Green's books yet, but I have several on my shelf! I'm most excited to read Tempting Fate & Summer Secrets!"

Tempting Fate A Novel by Jane Green <-----That cover is screaming read me isn't it?! Can't wait to get a copy of that one!!

message 33: by Veronica Marie (new)

Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw (veronicathepajamathief) | 2 comments Summer Secrets will be my first Jane Green novel. I will definitely read it in paperback... with new authors, I gotta hold that book in my hands. Sure with Kindle, you can bookmark and highlight and make notes, but with new authors I am constantly going back and re-reading passages. :-)

message 34: by Britney (new)

Britney | 1 comments I've never read a Jane Green novel but I love reading anything and you guys sound like Summer Secrets may be a good one to start with?! Any other suggestions?

message 35: by Jina (new)

Jina Crash New to Jane Green. Love the first two chapters....can't wait to dig in to the rest.

message 36: by Mish (new)

Mish | 5 comments Melissa, how are you already reading Summer Secrets? Do you mean the first 2 chapters?

message 37: by Amber (new)

Amber Strawn (randomamb) | 6 comments Melissa wrote: "Amber wrote: "I haven't read any of Jane Green's books yet, but I have several on my shelf! I'm most excited to read Tempting Fate & Summer Secrets!"

Tempting Fate A Novel by Jane Green re..."

Hi Melissa! Yes, it is! I'm so in love with that cover! I have it on Kindle (haven't read it yet), but I'm thinking I'll need a hardcover copy for my bookshelf! :)

message 38: by Susan (new)

Susan (writergirl33) My first Jane Green book was Tempting Fate, and Jane quickly became one of my favorite authors. I can't wait for Summer Secrets!

message 39: by Melissa (new)

Melissa iorio | 14 comments Amber wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Amber wrote: "I haven't read any of Jane Green's books yet, but I have several on my shelf! I'm most excited to read Tempting Fate & Summer Secrets!"

[bookcover:Tempting Fate: A N..."

Hi Amber, You wrote that as I've thought it. You sound like me. Some books do not belong stuck in an ereader and this and "Summer Secrets" are two of those. *Cover Love & Cherished Books*~ :)

message 40: by Krystyn (new)

Krystyn (krystyn0823) | 1 comments Dune Road. Loved it.

message 41: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon | 2 comments I can't remember for sure, but I believe it was either Mr. Maybe or Jemima J. That seems forever ago!!

message 42: by Christina (new)

Christina Blagg-Spikloser | 1 comments This will be my 1st Jane Green Book. I cant wait to start it, I have 2 more books to finish first.

message 43: by Shelby (new)

Shelby I'm not positive, but I'd guess it was Bookends.

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisareadsbooks) | 2 comments Jemima J was my first book.

message 45: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Sarkees | 2 comments Jemima J. It got me hooked.

message 46: by Cari (new)

Cari | 2 comments I think Family Pictures

message 47: by April (new)

April (bamaforever) | 2 comments The first book I read by Jane was Jemima J. Jemima J by Jane Green and have been in love with Jane's writing ever since!

message 48: by Jina (new)

Jina Crash This one....