How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

Group Questions > Tips for a successful book launch?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo (ricardofayet) | 2 comments I interviewed an author who really nailed his book launch to know what his "best practices were". Three main things came across:
- you need to have a street team that you build while writing the book
- you need to reach out to as many "influencers" as you can before launch and try to turn them into early evangelists
- you need to leverage existing platforms (blogs, high-traffic websites, etc.) to get the word out
- all that works much better if the book is free at launch (then paid after a few days)

What other tips would you add?
(Here's the link to the interview I mentioned, well worth a read)

message 3: by Marvin (new)

Marvin | 52 comments With popularity came a price to pay. Just like Jesus in the Bible, Pop was falsely accused in a hit-and-run accident that nearly left a little girl dead. If you are interested in a heart warming story you can get a copy of "On The Road Again" for only $2.99 on Amazon. bit.ly/14DmZmT

Fire and Ice Book Promos Blog (fireandicebooktours) | 24 comments Authors, do you have an upcoming new release, e-book freebie or discount, or just need promotion for a book from your backlist?

See our $5 book ads! We promote all genres.
http://www.fireandicebooktours.com/sc...

message 5: by RedRaven (new)

RedRaven (redravenbookdesign) | 1 comments In need of a book cover? Need help format your book or ebook?
RED RAVEN BOOK DESIGN offer's you services exclusively for the publishing industry.
Our main goal is to help authors and small publishers getting their books published, from the cover to interior layout, proofreading, reviews, promotionals and publishing advice, we have a multitasked team that can help you develop your book.
Please visit our site at www.redravenbookdesign.com and contact us if you need any quote or aditional info.
Regards
Red Raven

Fire and Ice Book Promos Blog (fireandicebooktours) | 24 comments If you don't have a street team, try to promote it on as many book promotion websites as possible. We offer a $5 ad for new e-book releases on our website at http://www.fireandicebooktours.com/sc...

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 164 comments After the launch is over ..... if you are still looking for some free promotion, try author interviews through Goodreads. I host a different author each week on www.ritaleechapman.com. You can contact me through the website if you are interested.

And don't forget to do a giveaway on Goodreads!

message 8: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Raven (ajraven) | 84 comments My bad for not being here y'all. Anyway I'm here and also reading through the book review TBR pile I have.

Anyway, if you happen to be looking for affordable (starting at a mere $2) promotional deals for indie authors make sure to read my blog post about it. Hopefully you'll find something interesting :)

Doing interviews about your upcoming book and promoting it well can work well when it comes to sales on its release.

https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 9: by Mz. Leebra (new)

Mz. Leebra Clark (goodreadscommzleebra) | 69 comments My Sister's Deceit Available Now via Amazon! Part 2 is releasing January 1st 2016....so make sure you catch the wave before it is too late. MY SISTER'S DECEIT

MY SISTER'S DECEIT by Mz. Leebra Clark

message 10: by Una (new)

Una Tiers (unatiers) | 9 comments This month I released LETTUCE READ WILLS. It's a combo book of blogs (non-fiction) and samples of my mysteries.
The best part of the launch was to ask about a dozen people to review the book before it was released. I've had blog posts, google+, tweets, and still have two interviews to complete. The readers here on Goodreads are wonderful.
Best,
Una Tiers