Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Tips for a successful book launch?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ricardo (new)

Ricardo (ricardofayet) | 9 comments I interviewed an author who really nailed his book launch to know what his "best practices were". Three main things came across:
- you need to have a street team that you build while writing the book
- you need to reach out to as many "influencers" as you can before launch and try to turn them into early evangelists
- you need to leverage existing platforms (blogs, high-traffic websites, etc.) to get the word out
- all that works much better if the book is free at launch (then paid after a few days)

What other tips would you add?
(Here's the link to the interview I mentioned, well worth a read)

message 2: by Jim (last edited May 08, 2015 10:19AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1049 comments Personal appearances at public libraries, book stores, literary festivals and conventions, and book clubs. Demonstrate your appreciation and respect for the attendees by delivering a professionally prepared, well-rehearsed presentation with book-signing pen in hand.

Express your appreciation for the time and effort expended by a publicist or marketing agent on your behalf by promptly following up on all leads provided by them and providing them with updates regarding progress or lack thereof.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2165 comments Very nice, I'm sharing this. Thanks for posting!