Let's Talk Love Stories! discussion

It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)
This topic is about It Had to Be You
Buddy Reads > It Had to Be You - Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipshita (last edited May 11, 2015 08:27AM) (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
What if a woman who knows nothing about sports inherits a professional football team? The Windy City definitely isn't ready for Phoebe Somerville, the outrageous York knockout who’s taking over their home town team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Calebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. This is the book that began it all. The Chicago Stars are about to take the field... and they’re not the only ones playing for keeps.

message 2: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 4745 comments Mod
Buddy Readers: Andrea and Tania

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments The first chapter made me laugh.But now, can't believe the kind of father she had. And what happened to her.

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments I was thinking on giving it 3 stars but the book made me laugh and there where good moments that's why I ended up giving it 4 stars

Tania21kml Ill give it three stars
She was a tad bit silly sometimes

message 6: by Andrea (last edited May 15, 2015 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Tania21kml wrote: "Ill give it three stars
She was a tad bit silly sometimes"

That she was. Which made me laugh out loud. I don't know if the author intended for it to be funny but it was for me.

Tania21kml I agree on that one
I found the hero too stoic in the beginning.dont you

message 8: by Andrea (last edited May 15, 2015 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Yes!

Tania21kml Usually the opposite attracts thing is true.
But in here,they were fighting so much that when feelings started to develop it didn't really feel right

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments You're right one moment they where fighting and angry with each other and the next she said she was falling in love??

Tania21kml Also I dont think the scene with that girl was necessary
Where he picks her up from the gas station

Andrea (alexandra14) | 1146 comments Yeah, I was kind of freaking out in that moment but then I understood everything and laughed. I actually believed it.