YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Faking Perfect
This topic is about Faking Perfect
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Faking Perfect (ARC) by Rebecca Phillips - Restarting June 11th 2015

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachmi  | 4945 comments When Lexi Shaw seduced Oakfield High's resident bad boy Tyler Flynn at the beginning of senior year, he seemed perfectly okay with her rules:

1. Avoid her at school.
2. Keep his mouth shut about what they do together.
3. Never tease her about her friend (and unrequited crush) Ben.

Because with his integrity and values and golden boy looks, Ben can never find out about what she’s been doing behind closed doors with Tyler. Or that her mom’s too busy drinking and chasing losers to pay the bills. Or that Lexi’s dad hasn’t been a part of her life for the last thirteen years. But with Tyler suddenly breaking the rules, Ben asking her out, and her dad back in the picture, how long will she be able to go on faking perfect?

Jackie, Heather and I will read this ARC on May 28th, 2015. Everyone welcome to join us.

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4553 comments I'd like to join you guys :D

Marla Mei (bookdevouringmisfit) | 99 comments I wanna join, too! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Yay, the more the merrier! :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments It's already 29th here so am a bit late. But I see you guys haven't started it yet either?

Anyway, I took a sneak peak I found the format of my copy is kinda mess-up. I wonder whether you have the same problem or not with me.

Marla Mei (bookdevouringmisfit) | 99 comments OMG I almost forgot to start this! My copy is the same, too!

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I forgot about 3 to 4 buddy read this month too! So that's okay Marla Mei. Have you started it yet? I think I'm gonna do it tonight. But with this mess up format, I'm gonna read it slowly, I think.

Marla Mei (bookdevouringmisfit) | 99 comments I'll start later, too! Hehe the messed-up format is not making me excited to read this but I'm still hoping that I'll end up liking this book.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Me too! Once I found it mess-up I instantly am not in the mood to read it. But well we have too since it's an ARC. Hope the story is worth it, though.

Marla Mei (bookdevouringmisfit) | 99 comments I've already started this and I'm about 30% in and I'm still not liking it.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm at 30% too, chapter 8 to be exact (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Marla Mei (bookdevouringmisfit) | 99 comments I'm only on Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Marla Mei wrote: "I'm only on Chapter 9 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Will start soon.☺️

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments I got approved this morning so I'll join in :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
Yay!

chapter 1 / 3% (view spoiler)

17% (view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Starting now. :)

17% - (view spoiler)

This seems like a really quick read.

25% - (view spoiler)

21% (view spoiler)

25% (view spoiler)

Finished this while my internet was being dodgy. Have to say I was glad to finish! Seemed like a pretty quick read at first but ended up really dragging by the end of it!

My internet has been out for an hour as well! rubbish!

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 17 comments Hi, I won't be able to start this till tomorrow :( Will I be to late to join in?

Rachel Filer wrote: "Hi, I won't be able to start this till tomorrow :( Will I be to late to join in?"

That's fine :)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Sarah wrote:
17% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 17 comments Sarah wrote: "chapter 1 / 3% [spoilers removed]

I'm at 10% now (view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "Sarah wrote:
17% [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Rachel Filer wrote: "Sarah wrote: "chapter 1 / 3% [spoilers removed]

I'm at 10% now [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 43%
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 64%
(view spoiler)

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 17 comments Noella wrote: "43%
[spoilers removed]"
I'm at 48%

(view spoiler)

Rachel Filer wrote: "Noella wrote: "43%
[spoilers removed]" I'm at 48%

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "64%
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments 75%
(view spoiler)

Noella wrote: "75%
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 17 comments Noella wrote: "Finished
Interesting symbolism with Trevor shedding his skin.
I thought the mother daughter conflict was 'resolved' unrealistically quick, like one breakdown from her mum turned the focus on what h..."

I agree! (view spoiler)

Rachel (aka Ms4Tune) (rachel254) | 17 comments Sarah wrote: "Rachel Filer wrote: "Noella wrote: "43%
[spoilers removed]" I'm at 48%

[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)