The Secret (The Secret, #1) The Secret discussion

Enlightenment

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zay (new)

Zay This book is The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I read this book from Mid April to The beginning of May.The theme of this novel is enlightenment telling about the laws of attraction, asking for what you want, believing in what you want, and being open to receiving it. “There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. Every single circumstances of your life can change! ” I like to interpret this quote as their never being a completely hopeless situation, meaning no matter what happens don't let it stop you from moving forward.

Sherri Moorer True. This is one of my favorite books, and I reread it every few months. I think it's an excellent point. Your mindset really does make a tremendous difference in handling every situation you face. For example, I broke my foot last week. I slipped and fell. I chose to have gratitude that the injury wasn't worse, because the doctor said it could have been and that it will heal quickly. So when I hurt or people ask how I am, I say "witnessing the miracle of the body's amazing power to heal!" and "thanking the Lord for healing in progress." Yes it hurts, but I notice that I don't need much pain medication, and I'm already off the crutches. Instead of feeling sorry, I'm thankful to have time to work on my writing, that I can still work (I have an administrative job), and that my family and coworkers are great people that are helping me when I need it. It beats being depressed!