Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Need Book Recommendations > I'm looking for a book where there is a supernatural academy...

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

An ordinary girl/boy finds out they are magic, goes to a magic school. You know. A bit like Harry Potter or some others that I forgot the name of.

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 39 comments ok here is a few Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

also there is Dead Beautiful (Dead Beautiful, #1) by Yvonne Woon this one is good its a summer camp not a school but its good Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter

also there is vampire academy and they do magic there love that series Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill is another 1

Hopefuly some of these will work for you :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, thanks so much for those but I can't see the 2nd or the 4th be I'm on an iPad, could u plz tell me the titles?

message 4: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 39 comments ok sure ill tell you them all
1)hex hall by Rachel Hawkins
2)Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
3)Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter
4)Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
5)Firespell by Chloe Neil

I can maybe think of more if none of these work :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out some of those :)

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hughes (spreadthosepagesbaby) The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

message 7: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 39 comments Hadas wrote: "Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out some of those :)"
your welcome :D :D

message 8: by Sallie (new)

Sallie Griffin (salliebelle) | 98 comments Mythos academy is good

message 9: by MadameZelda (last edited Jul 29, 2015 10:28AM) (new)

MadameZelda Paranormal Public series is good too. It's actually Paranormal Public University. So the kids are over 18 by Maddy Edwards.

Thanks, people! I will check out Hex Hall which I haven't heard of.

message 10: by Biate (new)

Biate The first book that comes to mind is Vampire Academy like mentioned above.
Also Marked (I wasn't a big fan of this, but I know other people loved it)
Im going to say Eragon. (It's not an Academy but he is being trained as a dragon raider and there is a lot of magic. I loved these 4 books)

message 11: by Marie (new)

Marie (acheron1981) | 133 comments mytos academy and hex hall are both good. alex van helsing is worth a read too.

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) Shadow Falls series would be a good one. The first book is Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter. In this series there are vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, witch's and ghost whispers. I am on book 3 and LOVE this series.

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) The Ghost Files is a good one as well. AndThe Haunting of Sunshine Girl. Anna dressed in Blood and Girl of nightmares is the 2nd one great books btw.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin  (erinthebooknerd) Marie I was wondering if Alex Van Helsing was going to be any good.

message 15: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Aug 13, 2015 01:32PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Here are some 'old school' options:

The Strange Power (Dark Visions, #1) by L.J. Smith The Possessed (Dark Visions, #2) by L.J. Smith The Passion (Dark Visions, #3) by L.J. Smith
(Dark Visions series by L.J. Smith)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 97 comments Also:

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1) by H.D. Gordon Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2) by H.D. Gordon The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3) by H.D. Gordon Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4) by H.D. Gordon

Alexa Montgomery series
(Though the 'magical school' is not in all the books)

message 17: by Lyn (last edited Oct 06, 2015 03:01AM) (new)

Lyn Mckenzie | 27 comments I would say this series Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast , its really enjoyable and a good read

message 18: by BarbaraAnn (new)

BarbaraAnn | 43 comments I liked Legacies and would recommend the series

message 19: by Jina (new)

Jina Crash Blythewood series. I read book 1 and liked it......

message 20: by Rosalin (last edited Nov 15, 2015 08:44PM) (new)

Rosalin (roxy25) | 6 comments also try: Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I have read all the series, its all good :D
There are swoon male, god/ goddess, school life, and female heroine.

message 21: by Sallie (new)

Sallie Griffin (salliebelle) | 98 comments king hall and a&e kirk books are g0od too

message 22: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda The Arkwell Academy series starts with The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy, #1) by Mindee Arnett

message 23: by Caelena (last edited Jul 14, 2018 08:05PM) (new)

Caelena Fey (caelenabooktopia) | 8 comments The Black Witch The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1) by Laurie Forest It's one of well written supernatural academy novels. At first part of the books it deals with racism in supernatural world and how young people see it, as it moves forward the characters start to grow better.

First Year First Year (The Black Mage, #1) by Rachel E. Carter It has a slow burn romance that i like

Knight: Celeste Academy Knight Celeste Academy by Raquel Ann Gil I read it from Wattpad, but it was really good.