THE Group for Authors! discussion

Writer's Circle > KDPselect

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicity (new)

Felicity (rhodopeanrhapsody) | 26 comments As an author with KDP I have been considering registering for KDP select as a marketing tool. Can anyone advise? Advantages/drawbacks?

message 2: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 257 comments Lots of comments in other boards on KDP Select. Some advantages but restrictions too. Personally, I have not seen it as that much of an advantage but in a very, very crowded market it may work for you. I have my latest book in it but all my others are not. I will not renew as I want to use Smashwords and Google books to sell as well.

Remember you are tied in for an initial 3 months but it will automatically renew if you do not deselect the default setting.

Also general advice seems to be it helps if you have several books that the select offers can lead readers to.

message 3: by Felicity (new)

Felicity (rhodopeanrhapsody) | 26 comments Thanks Philip maybe have a look at Smashwords or Google.

message 4: by Charles (new)

Charles Garard (goodreadscomcharles_garard) | 142 comments Be careful that you are not forbidden to post your novels elsewhere . . .Smashwords, Draft2Digital, etc.