Read-a-Long with PRICEISWONG discussion

MAY | ACOTAR > Chapters 41- The End!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (priceiswong) | 187 comments Mod
Let's all discuss the LAST 6 chapters!
Spoilers are welcome! (This is a DISCUSSION after all!)

What did you all think of the book? Did you like the characters? The ending? Are you excited for the next two books?! Let's all discuss below!!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Any thoughts on Rhysand's expression in the second to last chapter? Just before he leaves Feyre he saw something about her face that shocked him. That really stood out to me and i think its going to be important.

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Chavez | 24 comments I definitely love Rhysand!! I can't wait for those weeks Feyre will be with him in the next books. I am sensing a love triangle maybe?? And idk why he freaked out seeing her face. Maybe he could sense power in her? I want to know what her abilities will be. Feyre is going to be such a badass as a high Fae!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

I just finished!! I really want to discuss but I feel like I don't even know what to say right now. Haha definitely a 5/5 for me. This even gave Throne of Glass a run for its money. I'm really really sad that we're gonna have to wait so long for the next one.. I want it nowwwwww.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1 comments Yeah. Rhysand's expression really stood out and I can't wait to find out what that was about. However, I don't know about the love triangle. I feel like that ending with Tamlin was set in stone. But Feyre still has to spend one week with Rhysand. So, I don't know. I just want Feyre and Tamlin to stay together and to stop messing with my emotions. I love Rhysand. And a part of me totally ships Feyre and Rhysand. But TAMLIN. Ugh.

message 6: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (karissahafer) GAHHH! I just finished it! Def 5/5 stars. I seriously loved it! It's one of my favorites of this year! I don't know what to say. I'm going to try to put all my thoughts into words but it probably won't make too much sense.

I knew there was something good about Rhys. I just love him. Kinda hope there isn't a love triangle in the next book though even though he is very hot. I just love Tamlin so much.

I really love Lucien, probably one of my favorites !

I'm so happy that Amarantha died. She deserved it honestly. The Spring Court is finally rid of those masks!

I didn't see Feyre turning into a High Fae at all! I didn't think she was going to die of course but I just thought they would use magic to save her.

I have no idea why Rhysand freaked out seeing her face. Hopefully, we find out in the second one.

I'm not sure how we're all going to wait till the next one ! I want it now.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Do you guys follow Sarah J. Maas on Pinterest? This is her ACOTAR board!! https://www.pinterest.com/sarahjmaas/...

She pins pictures of people that REMIND her of her characters, as well as scenes and dresses and things. She also has some pictures that hint at the next book. I notice a TON of Rhysand on that board.. I have a feeling he's going to be in book two A LOT. And yes, I really want to know why he had that expression on his face at the end of the book! I'm so excited she is Fae now!! I definitely didn't think that was going to happen.. just because I didn't think it was possible for a human to be transformed...

message 8: by Karissa (new)

Karissa (karissahafer) Jessica (priceiswong) wrote: "Do you guys follow Sarah J. Maas on Pinterest? This is her ACOTAR board!! https://www.pinterest.com/sarahjmaas/...

She pins pictures of people that REMIND her of her chara..."

I love looking at her Pinterest ! And I def pictured everyone exactly like those pins that were in this book! I guess we will see more of Rhysand!

message 9: by Alisha (new)

Alisha Christine (alishaherbooks) | 34 comments Wow. Ok so I didn't know this was a series. I am so relieved. I thought this was it and I'd have all these questions unanswered! How awful would that be?

Ok so when they brought in those three fairies to be killed in the third task I though they were going to be her dad and sisters...yikes! Glad it wasn't, but how is killing to innocent fairies going to affect her from now on?

And how about that tattoo, to be forever in the debts of Rhysland, I don't know how I feel about that. But I do think he is going to become a huge piece of their story. I hope there is no love triangle. I am sick of love triangles and just want Feyre and Tamlin to be together. I love them.

I was not expecting Feyre to become High Fae, how did they do that? And I could figure out who had her soul after she died? Was it Rhysland? And that look in Rhyslands face in the last chapter. What was that about?

Thank goodness the evil Amarantha (sp?) is dead. She made me sick. But I doubt their troubles are over...

When does the next book come out?? I want to read it now!

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex | 1 comments I think that since all 7 lords gave her life - that she is going to have all 7 powers - and that is maybe what he realized when he looked at her. I also think he took Amarantha's ring and bone finger necklace.

Even if there is a love interest between her and Rhy later - I really don't think it will be like the love she has with Tamlin. For her to withstand the pain she was going through at the end by Amarantha - and to still love him without question - you can't just walk away from that.

What do you think?

message 11: by Karissa (last edited May 11, 2015 07:19PM) (new)

Karissa (karissahafer) Alex wrote: "I think that since all 7 lords gave her life - that she is going to have all 7 powers - and that is maybe what he realized when he looked at her. I also think he took Amarantha's ring and bone fing..."

ooo that would be pretty cool if she got all 7 powers from them!

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina (colada_books) Oh my god, what an ending!! I totally agree with you Jess, it was even better than the TOG-series. I didn't think this would be possible. SJM is an incredible writer!!

I would have never expected that Feyres final task would be to kill Tamlin. I think that it will be very difficult for her to overcome the guilt over the innocent lives she took. I am happy about the way it tuned out, though! Hope this happy end will last for at least a while :D

I loved how Rysand stood up for her during the fight. And her being a High Fae? Awesome!! It would be totally cool if she'd have all the 7 powers of the High Lords and if that was what Rhysand saw when he looked at her. But it could also imagine that he saw the darkness that she now has in her from killing those people? Maybe that changes her (at least for a bit, I am really hoping that there will be a real happily ever after at the end of the final book :D)

However, I am really happy that Amarantha is finally dead. One evil b**** down, probably more to come in the next books. That Hybern king sounds definitly aweful!!

And I can't believe I got the answer to the riddle right!! I mean, it might have been kind of obvious, but usually I am really bad at these things. I guess LOVE is the answer to everything *haha*

I gotta go now an give this book 5/5 stars! How are we supposed to wait a year for the next one?

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber Chavez | 24 comments I think Rhysand "mated" with Feyre!!!! Remember how Tamlin explained how his parents mated and it's like imprinting. I am so excited for more Rhysand!

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (booktasticnerd87) Jessica (priceiswong) wrote: "Let's all discuss the LAST 6 chapters!
Spoilers are welcome! (This is a DISCUSSION after all!)

What did you all think of the book? Did you like the characters? The ending? Are you excited for th..."

Okay so I finished this and now that I am off of my book hangover from this I am not going to join in on this discussion. I gave this 5/5. Now please do not hate me when I say this but I did not enjoy Throne of Glass as much as other people have. This I loved.

I loved the characters and I was able to put some of the characters against the actual characters of the fairy tale itself which was interesting to she what she changed in different ways. I loved our main character, Feyre. I cannot wait for the next two books and there was all sorts of feelings that I had.

I was going crazy just trying to read the last few pages when she died. I was like no this cannot happen and then all of the other things happened. So I am excited to read the next books and cannot wait.

message 15: by Warda (new)

Warda (wsharif) I love this book so much!!! A solid 4.5 stars for me. I'm not too fond of Feyre and I feel like her transformation was a bit rushed..? But other than that, I'm in love with the other characters, (Tamlin is just perfect!) I loved the plot and that there was a nice balance of romance and action. The world-building was awesome as well as how everything just came together in the end.

I cannot wait for the next book to see how the story will develop and I think I should start reading the TOG series as soon as. :)