The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Where is your favorite place to read a book?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Jr | 7 comments Where is your favorite place to go and read a book?

I do enjoy reading at home and relaxing, but I live in Florida, so I sometimes will go to the beach to read.

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie When the weather is warm, my favorite place is outside on the patio(especially early in the am). I live in Ct so there are several months a year when reading outside is not possible. During the winter, curled up on the couch under a warm blanket is my favorite place.

message 3: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee | 305 comments It's either at my favorite central-station table where I do everything, or in bed. I can't read outside, I get distracted easily.

message 4: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Jr | 7 comments Yard swing sounds like a good idea, David. I agree that reading outside overall is nice and relaxing. But I can see where it would be distracting too. I just don't like to be interrupted, wherever I am. I like to lose myself in the book.

message 5: by Colleen (new)

Colleen  | 256 comments Bed, since it's the most convenient and comfortable and what I usually do before I drop off to sleep. I love reading and relaxing outside, now that it's warm enough also. There is no bad place to read.

message 6: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty I have my own sofa at home (everyone else knows that sofa is off limits!) I usually read there with my feet up and my "reading cushion" in my lap and I can quite easily (and quite often do) stay there for hours.

message 7: by Nicholas (new)

Nicholas Jr | 7 comments I agree there is no bad place to read, Colleen. I could easily pick up a book and read almost anywhere.

message 8: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (Tim__) | 6 comments When I had the time, I used to go to this small independent book store / cafe on the way back from my college. I would go there to enjoy their coffee while reading books, either novels or a required textbook to one of my engineering classes.

However, I unfortunately became too busy. So now I read at my desk after homework and assignments are done.

message 9: by Kirsty (last edited May 12, 2015 02:38AM) (new)

Kirsty Timothy wrote: "When I had the time, I used to go to this small independent book store / cafe on the way back from my college. I would go there to enjoy their coffee while reading books, either novels or a require..."

I try and go to the local book shop/cafe on a Sunday morning and chill with a Hazlenut Latte and a good book. Something about reading in a crowd of sociable people that makes the experience better. For me it's like I'm there in the room but I'm also in another world walking side by side with the characters in my book.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan (bookworm_booklover) Right now it's in a patio chair on the balcony with my feet up on another chair soaking in that brilliant sun for a good couple hours. Then I move inside so I don't burn. :D

message 11: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (Tim__) | 6 comments Kirsty wrote: "Something about reading in a crowd of sociable people that makes the experience better. For me it's like I'm there in the room but I'm also in another world walking side by side with the characters in my book.
.."

That's essentially why I liked going as well. Smelling the coffee while having a book in your hand, it definirely was nice. Except I would have a caramel frappuccino instead haha. It was always a plus if it happened to be raining, until I realized that I would now be soaking wet.

message 12: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty Timothy wrote: "Kirsty wrote: "Something about reading in a crowd of sociable people that makes the experience better. For me it's like I'm there in the room but I'm also in another world walking side by side with..."

Ah I love reading when it's raining outside! I'm not sure why but it just seems to make the experience that little bit better! Ah I have a Hazlenut Latte to start then if it's a good book I then get a pot of tea.

message 13: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (Tim__) | 6 comments Kirsty wrote: "Something about reading in a crowd of sociable people that makes the experience better. For me it's like I'm there in the room but I'm also in another world walking s..."

For me, if it's not coffee, it's usually green tea or Jasmine tea as my drink of choice when either studying or reading novels. However, I was introduced to this tea called Ceylon Tea that I liked a lot. Unfortunately I can't seems to find it at a lot of places though.

message 14: by Marylene (new)

Marylene | 4 comments Hmmmm...so many places. Some of my favorites are the Barnes and Nobles bookstore cafe, or the balcony on the warm days or bed right before i want to go the sleep.

message 15: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Soni (cupidz) | 28 comments Bed or at any place that is surrounded by trees.. I find both the places relaxing!

message 16: by J (new)

J Our backyard on a warm day sprawled out on a blanket, with my cat traipsing around. Sometimes he comes over to rub up against me and get petted and scritched. It's such a lovely, peaceful way to read.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather Kirsty, reading while it's raining outside is one of my favorite times to read too!

I also love reading by the lake or ocean :)

message 18: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty Heather wrote: "Kirsty, reading while it's raining outside is one of my favorite times to read too!

I also love reading by the lake or ocean :)"

I was reading last night and it just starting chucking it down I was like "yes, get in!" and went to sit on a windowsill :)

message 19: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (rebekahjoyt) Definitely in my bed with sunlight coming in through the window. :)

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina George (christinageorge) | 10 comments Anywhere really, I always have my app with me so I read anywhere, but I love, love reading on a Saturday afternoon, just hunkered down on the couch

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna | 16 comments Either it is in the corner of my couch with a lot of pillows and a blanket, but I also enjoy reading in the library. I just love the feeling I get from being in a library, it just feels so inspiring and beautiful!

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna | 16 comments I also can't wait until summer arrives so we can put up our hammock, I love reading in hammocks!!!

message 23: by Beth (new)

Beth | 8 comments I mostly read in bed.. I like to snuggle down, & settle in.. I don't like distractions so I usual don't read in public or around others! I like to be by myself! & I also love to read on my front porch in my Hammock Swing but, only when everyone is gone! Other wise I'm always interrupted & that is a BIG Errk!! for me!

message 24: by J (new)

J Anna wrote: "I also can't wait until summer arrives so we can put up our hammock, I love reading in hammocks!!!"

This sounds like heaven!

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  Moore I love reading outside on my porch as mu children play

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 16 comments J wrote: "Anna wrote: "I also can't wait until summer arrives so we can put up our hammock, I love reading in hammocks!!!"

This sounds like heaven!"

It really is! I just really like laying in hammocks so I don't really need summer, give me a rainy day, a couple of blankets and a hammock in my living room and then I'll be happy for the rest of eternity ;)

message 27: by Timian (new)

Timian Kirkegaard | 12 comments I can read just about everywhere! I just don't enjoy to read sunny places because i always read on my kindle ;) It's a little difficult to read when you can't see anything. Even though i can read a lot of places without being distracted i still prefer my bed. That's without question!

message 28: by J (new)

J Anna wrote: "J wrote: "Anna wrote: "I also can't wait until summer arrives so we can put up our hammock, I love reading in hammocks!!!"

This sounds like heaven!"

It really is! I just really like laying in ham..."

Now I wish we had a hammock. I've never lain in one! Enjoy your hammock a little extra, just for me, okay? Ha ha ha.

message 29: by J (new)

J Timian wrote: "I can read just about everywhere! I just don't enjoy to read sunny places because i always read on my kindle ;) It's a little difficult to read when you can't see anything. Even though i can read a..."

Physical books are definitely best in sunny places!

I want to sit outside in my backyard one warm night and read my Kindle under a starry sky. I'm definitely doing that this summer.

message 30: by Timian (new)

Timian Kirkegaard | 12 comments J wrote: "Timian wrote: "I can read just about everywhere! I just don't enjoy to read sunny places because i always read on my kindle ;) It's a little difficult to read when you can't see anything. Even thou..."

Wow! that sounds amazing! I think I'm gonna steal that idea ;) It's perfect now that the summer's up:D

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie McCollum (katieamccollum) | 26 comments Anna wrote: "Either it is in the corner of my couch with a lot of pillows and a blanket, but I also enjoy reading in the library. I just love the feeling I get from being in a library, it just feels so inspirin..."

I could sit and read in the library for hours! The hammock sounds wonderful, too. But my favorite is definitely my bed. :)

message 32: by PinkieFairy (new)

PinkieFairy (pinkifairy) I love reading anywhere I Can however my favorite is at home: just me and the book and some music in the background.

message 33: by Tracey (new)

Tracey | 90 comments My favorite reading place in our home is in the couch spot closest to the window. It makes for a great place to absorb sunshine in the daytime or snuggle up with a blanket and pillow in the evenings.

message 34: by Christine (new)

Christine Moore | 2 comments I love reading in bed or on vacation.

message 35: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) In bed...or my staked out spot on the couch with a big fluffy comforter.

message 36: by Arielle (new)

Arielle Morin (livingpagebypage) in bed or by the window in my house. My apartment complex has a pond with ducks and fountain by the pool, and it is so relaxing to sit out there with a good book!

message 37: by Maryum (new)

Maryum | 3 comments in my swing chair ...

message 38: by Esteban (new)

Esteban (przdnsvtec) I get distracted very easily so I need to be somewhere quiet, which is hard because I live in front an avenue where buses and motorbikes pass all day and the noise is unbearable. My house is not quiet either so when I read a book I just go to a library.

When I read in my kindle I put some headphones -something I do in libraries too- and listen rain sounds I close the blinds and I lay on my bed in complete darkness.

message 39: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 189 comments My easy chair

message 40: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 4663 comments I struggle with distractions too, Esteban. I like your idea for using the rain sounds to drown out the other noises.

message 41: by Esteban (new)

Esteban (przdnsvtec) Kristie wrote: "I struggle with distractions too, Esteban. I like your idea for using the rain sounds to drown out the other noises."

Indeed, rain sounds or waves, help me a lot.