THE Group for Authors! discussion

L.A. Hilden
This topic is about L.A. Hilden
General Discussion > Book Formatting and Cover Art Question

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments I could use some recommendations.

The person who used to do my book formatting and my cover art has moved onto other business opportunities. I'm now searching for a new company who performs these services at a reasonable cost. I already have the pics I want to use on my cover, I just need someone to put it all together and in the right sizes for distribution. I also need the books interior formatted for print and ebook formats. If you know anyone, I'd love to hear about them. Thanks in advance, all advice is appreciated.

message 2: by T.H. (last edited May 05, 2015 10:37AM) (new)

T.H. Hernandez (thhernandez) | 113 comments For cover art where you have photos, I recommend Suzi Walker. She's super talented and reasonable. She's got an extensive background in graphic design and photography, but is just branching out into book cover design, but she's working with a couple of traditionally published authors on brand identity and website graphics, so worth checking out. She has two websites. Pajamapress is where she has samples of author branding.

http://suzannecwalker.com/
http://pajamapress.com/shop/

I do my own interior work because that's a big chunk of what I do for my day job, so I can't recommend anyone, but I'm sure someone else can.

message 3: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments Thanks so much for the recommendation, TH.

message 4: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments Thanks, Honeysuckle, I will definitely look into it. The Pixelmator application I have just isn't cutting it. I like doing things myself, so I will try playing around with the DAZ 3D and Gimp and see what I get. I checked out your page and read your author bio. I'm a Reiki practitioner and recently had a Past Life Regression done. Fascinating stuff! I have a book I'm working on regarding triplet sisters who are witches under the guidance of the goddess Isis. They are Reiki practitioners who practice magic and deal with past lives. I recently finished the first book in the series and I'm having a blast writing it.

message 5: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments Love the plot of your current work in progress. And thank you so much for the book and your offer to help. I've never done stage hypnosis, since I think it is a bunch of hooey. My therapist has been doing PLR and LBL for 14 years, he studied under Michael Newton. He was very good and nothing he said was misleading. I fact checked all the info I possibly could, which was amazingly accurate. I love hearing about other peoples experiences with PLR. If you're interested, private message me and we can share stories. Thanks again.

message 6: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments The stage shows I've heard about were done strictly for entertainment. I'll email you. :)

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Burton L.A. wrote: "I could use some recommendations.

The person who used to do my book formatting and my cover art has moved onto other business opportunities. I'm now searching for a new company who performs these..."

Hello L.A.,

I just had my book cover done and it turned out fabulous. I went through a site called Fivrr. www.fivrr.com. They have a variety of artists look for work and they are more than reasonably priced. I can't say enough about them.

message 8: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments I've heard of the site, Michael. I'll definitely check it out. Thank you.

message 9: by Helen (new)

Helen Spring (goodreadscomhelenspring) | 19 comments I've also had some covers done at fiver.com and have been very satisfied. There are many people there who will do it and if you don't like the one which is done for you, you can just ask someone else for another, it's so cheap you haven't lost much. For formatting I now always use Liberwriter, you can choose which help package you need, and it's easy and quick (it must be easy, I'm a non-techie!) You have to pay but it doesn't break the bank and saves hours of valuable writing time.

message 10: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Hilden (lahilden) | 33 comments Liberwriter looks great, Helen. I found someone to do the formatting and cover of my next novel, but I think I will use Liberwriter in the future. Thanks so much.

message 11: by Helen (new)

Helen Spring (goodreadscomhelenspring) | 19 comments You're welcome LA