Effective Altruists discussion

The Charisma Myth: How Anyone Can Master the Art and Science of Personal Magnetism
This topic is about The Charisma Myth
May: Charisma and body language

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kyle Scott (kdbscott) | 27 comments Mod
This month we'll be reading The Charisma Myth, which has been recommended in book club discussions since our inception.

For those of you that like to read multiple books, discussion may also pull from "What Everybody is Saying", another short book that looks at the body language side of things. Thanks to Tara for the recommendation!

As we get closer to the discussion date, I'll probably be updating with summaries and secondary resources for those of you that don't have time for a full book.

Kyle Scott (kdbscott) | 27 comments Mod
Hope everyone has been enjoying their reading - I'm on my second read-through of the Charisma Myth. Really useful stuff!

For those of you in a time-crunch, artofmanliness.com has done a podcast and series of posts summarizing the book and its core concepts, found here: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/06...

I'm not 100% happy with their posts, but it is interesting to see them try to boil down her work, especially in the 'manliness' context.