The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Report for Duty > Hello!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 8 comments Hello everyone, I'm Rachel from the UK. I have always enjoyed reading crime/thriller/psychological mysteries although I have branched out a bit since joining Good Reads.
Looking forward to 'meeting' you all, chatting about books and making new friends!

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Greetings, Rachel.

message 3: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Nancy Oakes (quinnsmom) | 8618 comments Mod
Welcome, Rachel! Nice to have you in our group. Feel free to drop in on any conversation at any time.

message 4: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5422 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Rachel. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

message 5: by Dolores (new)

Dolores Madden | 49 comments hi Rachel ,you will love goodreads ,great writers,great readers ,great books ,perfect

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 8 comments Thank you for the lovely welcome, everyone! I am looking forward to exploring your group!

message 7: by Blanca (new)

Blanca | 10 comments Hello, Rachel. I am new also and just still getting warmed up. Hope you enjoy this site.

message 8: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Hi Blanca.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 8 comments Hi Blanca, it seems like a good group form what I can see so far. :)

message 10: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Welcome, Blanca!

message 11: by Glen (new)

Glen Stansfield (fenderjedi) | 15 comments Hello to you all. I don't spend as much time here as I should. It's annoying how work gets in the way of the things we want to do, but we can't do them unless we work!

message 12: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Glen wrote: "Hello to you all. I don't spend as much time here as I should. It's annoying how work gets in the way of the things we want to do, but we can't do them unless we work!"

Hi Glen -- trust me. Even when you don't work, life gets in the way! Welcome to the group.

message 13: by Glen (new)

Glen Stansfield (fenderjedi) | 15 comments Then we must be doing something wrong in our lives.

message 14: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

Glen wrote: "Then we must be doing something wrong in our lives."

I don't think so. It just happens.

message 15: by Glen (new)

Glen Stansfield (fenderjedi) | 15 comments Then we must do something to change it. Oh we do. We escape in a book

message 16: by Robert (new)

Robert Kratky (bolorkay) | 25 comments Hey Glen,
Great words there. Right now I'm caring for a very elderly mother-in-law so my "escape" route has become a bit clouded. Hoping to get back on the path with GRRM's "A Storm of Swords".

message 17: by Margitte (new)

Margitte Hi y'all :-))

I'm Margitte from South Africa and was invited to this group by a very dear GR friend. We tend to read the same books lately and was so excited when she pointed me to the discussion of Martin Walker's book this month. I'm sure there's lots to learn in this group. Murder mysteries is a favorite genre of mine. Historical fiction another.

message 18: by Bill, Co-Moderator (new)

Bill | 5422 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Margitte and Glen. Enjoy yourselves here.

message 19: by Margitte (new)

Margitte Bill wrote: "Welcome to the group, Margitte and Glen. Enjoy yourselves here."

Thank you Bill.

message 20: by Nancy, Co-Moderator (new)

It's very nice to have you here, Margitte!

message 21: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Welcome Glen and Margitte: I work a lot, too, Glen

message 22: by Glen (new)

Glen Stansfield (fenderjedi) | 15 comments Thank you all for the welcomes. Skye, I try not to work a lot, I'm pretty successful at it too.

message 23: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Tell me your secrets.

message 24: by Glen (new)

Glen Stansfield (fenderjedi) | 15 comments Oh goodness, I couldn't tell you those. You'd blackmail me in a second. Ah...work....well I work looking after something for a wealthy man, and he doesn't use it very often. That's the secret to not working much.

message 25: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1485 comments Welcome to all new members